- Ralph (Leigh) Lee's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Ralph Lee was born about 1420.
Ralph Lee was the son of Petronilla, the sister of Edward, who were the children of Roger son of John son of John son of Reyner de la Lee. Pernell 's husband and Rauf's father was Robert de Lee of Rodene.
Radulphus de Lee, Superstes 25 H. 6 (1461) et 13 E. 4. (1472). Obijt A, 19 E. 4 (~1481)
At Alverton on Monday after the feast of St. Hilary 15 Henry VI (14 January 1436/7), Pernell once the wife of Robert de Lee of Rodene leased the Manor of Alverton and the services and customs of all her tenants of the said manor, to Rauf son of the said Robert and Pernell, to hold to Rauf for the term of her life, paying to her p.a. 6 marks, that is 40s on the feast of All Saints and 40/- on the Invention of Holy Cross. This Indenture of Allartone is in French.
4 August 1439, Thomas Banastre of Hadnale, Esq, was bound by written obligation to Ralph Lee of Longeley, Esq, for £100 to be paid to Ralph by the feast of St Michael, Ralph grants that if he and his heirs peaonbly hold and enjoy all those lands and tenements, rents and services in the township of Biriton and a certain annual rent of 2/- which Thomas used to receive from John Stuche for lands and tenements which he held of Thomas in the township of Burghton near Allerton, with the services of the said John, meaning that Thomas and Elizabeth his wife by a certain deed have granted to Ralph to hold to him and the heirs of his body, as appears more fully in the deed, without disturbance, claim etc. from then or anyone, then the statute merchant shall have no force.
At Salop on the morrow of St. Michael in 18 Henry VI, [30 September, 1439], Sir Thomas Abbot of the Monastery of St Peter, Salop, granted to Ralph Lee, Lord of Langley, and his heirs, his cultures called Havekely lying between the townships of Ralph called Rokeley, and his manor of Langleye, and whatever elese he has there by the gift once made by the ancestors of Ralph, to hold to Ralph and his heirs of the Abbot and the Convent, and his successors at a fee farm, forever, in default the Abbot may distrain Ralph, and his heirs or successors and their tennants of Langley, Rockeley and Hotales or in the town of Salop or in the suburb called Foriet.
In 37 Henry VI [1 September 1458-31 August 1459], Ralph Lee, the son of Petronilla daughter of Roger son of John son of John son of Reyner de la Lee, sued Roger Corbet, of Moreton, for land in Staunton-upon-Hynhithe, which Philip de Wystantowe had given to John son of John son of Reyner de la Lee and the heirs of his body in the time of Edward II [1307-1327].
Ralph Lee was Sheriff of Salop when John, lord Strange, knight, and lord of Knockin and of Mowghue [Marches of Wales] was a debtor, and a writ was issued which Ralph endorsed on 20 October 1461.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The National Archives Website: Discovery: 1514/160 & 161, Catalogue of the Shropshire deeds and papers of the Smythe Family of Acton Burnell, Deeds - Shropshire, Acton Burnell Parish, LORDSHIP OF LANGLEY, HAWKSLEY, http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/rd/2f2f2e2c-3f40-4a65-80ef-d277c657a85b. 17 November 2014
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The National Archives Website: Discovery: 1514/408, Catalogue of the Shropshire deeds and papers of the Smythe Family of Acton Burnell, Deeds - Shropshire, MYDDLE, ALDERTON, http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/rd/93e3eca8-b1f2-42a3-9176-b844ab1be531, 7 December 2014
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Wrottesley 1905, p. 398
- ↑ Mead, 84-100
- ↑ The National Archives Website: Discovery: 1514/271, Catalogue of the Shropshire deeds and papers of the Smythe Family of Acton Burnell, Deeds - Shropshire, BERRINGTON, http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/rd/5cc39f2e-a862-4f55-97a3-290ebb598799. 17 November 2014
- ↑ The National Archives Website: Discovery: C 131/239/4, Chancery: Extents for Debts, Series I, Unexecuted writs; writs detached from their lost returns; writs de liberacione, http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C9553801. 17 November 2014
Major-General The Hon G Wrottesley, comp., Pedigrees from the Plea Rolls collected from the Pleadings in the Various Courts of Law AD 1200 to 1500 from the Original Rolls, ( 1905), accessed 29 August 2014, https://archive.org/stream/pedigreesfromple00wrotrich#page/n5/mode/2up .
- Edward Campbell Mead, Genealogical History of the Lee Family of Virginia and Maryland from A.D. 1300 to A.D. 1866 (Google eBook). University Publishing Company, 1871.
- Acrossthepond.ged on 21 February 2011
- Stout - Trask - Cowan .ged
- Acrossthepond.ged on 21 February 2011
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Ralph by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Tom Lee : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 67 markers, haplogroup R-U106, Ysearch NNK7G, FTDNA kit #366549
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson and Anonymous S. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On May 12, 2014 at 17:39GMT Michelle Brooks wrote:
On May 12, 2014 at 17:38GMT Michelle Brooks wrote:
On May 12, 2014 at 17:37GMT Michelle Brooks wrote:
On May 11, 2014 at 12:13GMT Michelle Brooks wrote:
Ralph is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 20 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 31 degrees from Gene Kelly, 20 degrees from Maureen O'Hara and 16 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.