This biography was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import. It's a rough draft and needs to be edited.
- ID: 1A62EBBF276C9247931837342A685295213D
- 30 Aug 2007
Prior to import, this record was last changed 30 Aug 2007.
- Sue Baker's book, "Hancock Co, IN Cemetery Inscriptions" p. 12 lists Lemay burials with
- Catherine 20 Feb 1818 - 20 Dec 1830.
- Catherine would have been named for her grandmother. She apparently died soon after her family arrived in Indiana.
- Source: S11 Abbreviation: Cabell Co Marriage Abstracts Title: Eldridge, Carrie, "Marriage 1809-1850 Cabell Co, VA WVA" mss. 1988 Subsequent Source Citation Format: Cabell Co Marriage Abstracts BIBL Eldridge, Carrie. "Marriage 1809-1850 Cabell Co, VA WVA" mss. 1988 Text: No ministers in Cabell Co before 1813. Ministers reported marriages when they felt like it. Thus not all marriages may be recorded or are recorded years after actual date. CONT (No DeWeese, Snuffer, See) CONT CONT Billups, Andrew CONT Garrett, Polly Adam Smith 1810 CONT Garrett, Jane James Mayo 9 Jan 1812 CONT Garrett, Sally (Celia) John Newman 9 Aug 1814 CONT Garrett, James Nancy Ray 19 Dec 1816 CONT Garred, James Polly Wilson 20 Mar 1820 CONT Garrad, Hannah Charles Wilson 25 Apr 1822 CONT Garrett, William Nancy Smith 19 Feb 1824 CONT Garrett, Joseph Martha Hutchinson 27 Jun 1824 CONT Jarrett, Asena David Smith 13 Aug 1829 CONT Jarrett, William Polly Chandler 24 Feb 1835 CONT Garrett, Rebecca Abraham Trout 8 May 1834 CONT Garrett, Elizabeth Eneas Carter 15 Nov 1835 CONT Garrett, Margaret Jefferson Booth 24 Mar 1836 CONT Garrett, Cynthia Jameson Booth 8 Feb 1838 CONT Garrett, James Margaret Billups 4 Oct 1842 CONT Garrett, Elizabeth Michael Mitchell 11 Sept 1847 CONT CONT Griffith, Peggy Daniel Neal 1810 CONT Griffith, Mary Ann Joseph Day 24 Jul 1817 CONT Griffith, John Polly Guinn 4 Apr 1819 CONT Griffith, Thomas Nancy Ellmore 18 May 1832 CONT Griffith, John W. Elizabeth Thornburg 27 Dec 1832 CONT Griffith, Delilah B. Jonathon R. Hensley 31 Aug 1839 CONT CONT Hazlett, Frances Robert Rutherford 7Aug 1817 CONT Hayslette, Sarah Greenville Newman 18 Dec 1823 CONT Hazlett, Andrew Elizabeth Hugart 1827 CONT Hayslette, Peter Sarah Rutherford 1 Aug 1727 CONT Hayslette, Phebe William Vaughn 6 Dec 1827 CONT Hayslett, James ?? 1829 CONT Hayslette, Thinia Absalom Ballenger 17 Nov 1829 CONT Hayslette, Rutha William Hutchison 25 Aug 1833 CONT Hazlett, Cinthia Shockley Johnson 1 Aug 1833 CONT Hayslette, Jersey Jarson Smith 3 Jul 1838 CONT Hayslett, Frances Harrison Smith 28 Aug 1840 CONT CONT Huggert, Nancy James Lemay 19 Nov 1811 CONT Hugert, James Agnes Perus Patten 25 Jul 1821 CONT Hughart, Elizabeth Andrew Hazelett 1827 CONT CONT Laken, Joseph CONT Lycan, Amy CONT Lycan, Goodwin CONT Lycan, Morris CONT Lycan, Nancy Note: Abstracts of official marriage records. F247.C2 E3882 VSL (1988)
- Source: S26 Abbreviation: Hancock Co, IN Marriage Records Title: County Records, Microfilm of original county marriage records. Subsequent Source Citation Format: County Records, Microfilm of original county marriage records. BIBL County Records. Microfilm of original county marriage records. Text: Hancock Co, Greenfield, IN Marriage Records LDS Microfilm #1302724 CONT Volume 1 Oct 1828-Jan 1841 CONT CONT Page Marriage Date Groom Bride Minister/JP CONT 49 13 Oct 1831 Edward Barret Abigail Lamay Joseph Barrett LD Meth-Episc CONT 68 19 Feb 1834 John Brooks Polly Barrett Joseph Barrett M-E CONT 68 20 Feb 1834 Hezekiah Barrett Martha Pauley Joseph Barrett M-E CONT 75 1 Feb 1835 William Huggart Sarah Ray license only CONT 81 18 Jun 1835 Elisha M Hatfield Nancy W. Denison Joseph Barrett M-E CONT "on authority of her father & sworn to by her brother" CONT 98 21 April 1836 Neri Jarrett Susannah Hopper CONT 99 26 May 1836 Edward W. Pauley Nancy McCorkhille Jas B. Hart JP CONT 110 17 Nov 1836 William Hayzlett Anna Semple Joseph Barrett M-E CONT 117 2 Feb 1837 John Jarrett Anna Wynn Owen Jarrett, JP CONT 117 2 Mar 1837 Andrew Jarrett Elizabeth Medaris Owen Jarrett JP CONT 133 21 Jan 1838 Enos Jarrett Sabra Dawson John Alford JP CONT 150 20 Sep 1838 James Garrett Rebecca Gardner Owen Jarrett JP CONT 193 24 Feb 1840 William Hayslett Elizabeth Williams Joseph Barrett M-E CONT 193 24 Mar 184- Samuel Barrett Charlotte Curry Joseph Barrett M-E CONT 196 27 Feb 1841 Alfred Pauley Lavina McCorkhille James Batoon Meth-Prot CONT 209 16 May 1840 Andrew Pauley Rebecca Higgins James Batoon Meth-Prot CONT 225 3 Dec 1840 Robert Lane Mary Lemay Joseph Barrett M-E CONT Note: Owen Jarrett and Andrew Pauley are both Justices of the Peace in 1837. CONT ***************** CONT Vol 2: Jan 1841-May 1850 LDS Microfilm #1302724 0 Jarrett, JP CONT 5 22 Feb 1841 William Hughart Mary Winn William Martindale JP CONT 39 6 Feb 1842 Isaac King Melissant Lamb CONT 43 10 March 1842 Wm L. Garriot Margarett T. Steele Benj Legg Church of Christ CONT 54 22 Sep 1842 John H. Hunt Nancy W. Lemay Edward Barrett, JP CONT 55 6 Oct 1842 William L. Hargrove Rebecca E. Huggart Robert Eaken JP CONT 120 15 May 1844 Isaac Barrett Sarah Ann Wilson Benjamin Cooper Meth-Epi CONT 132 24 Sept 1844 Thomas J. Hatfield Elselle Williams Benj Cooper M-E CONT 176 18 Nov 1845 John S. Barrett Eliza Colwell CONT 185 30 Jan 1846 Mary Ann Pauley James C. Hubbell CONT 198 18 June 1846 Thomas M. Lemay Martha Barrett Edward Barrett JP CONT 217 21 Dec 1846 Robert H? Jacobs Catherine M. Pauley Robert Mc Corkhill CONT 225 16 Feb 1847 George W. Hatfield Cynthia Barrett Joseph Barrett M-E CONT 231 23 Mar 1847 Andrew Pauley Elina C. Parris CONT 232 25 Mar 1847 William E. Hatfield Mary Jane Eakin Wm R. Ferrell JP CONT 239 13 May 1847 Minerva Barrett Joseph F. Bartlow Robert H. Calvert CONT 372 9 Feb 1850 Thomas Likens Elizabeth Shortridge John Price JP CONT 245 1 July 1847 Joseph Barrett Jane Moore William Ferrell CONT 262 1 Nov 1847 Henry L. Moore Eliza Ann Barrett CONT 269 13 Feb 1848 Joseph Pauley Catherine Hull Edward Barrett CONT 277 1 April 1848 Robert E. Barrett Lonixe? Durson? License only CONT 281 23 April 1848 Albert H. Pauley Mary Jane Priddy Edward Barrett CONT 298 2 Nov 1848 Weymouth Davis Miss Rebecca Hargrove Jared B. Mashon CONT John Kinder Mary A. Hargrove CONT 299 2 Nov 1848 Abel W. Likins Mary Jane Elsbery CONT 309 28 Dec 1848 Rebecca Jane Pauley Daniel Snider Jared B. Mershon? CONT 343 29 Aug 1849 Andrew Pauley Mrs/Miss Mary Ann F? Frances (this appears to be Andrew Sr. based on 1850 census. Andrew's first wife was Phebe Hayzlett) CONT CONT Vol 3: 1850-1857 #1302725 Note: William Barrett JP 1851 CONT 2 14 Aug 1850 Eden Burris Rebecca Ann Pauley CONT 26 9 Jan 1851 Elijah A. Barrett Lucinda Caldwell John Fitzpatrick JP CONT 38 20 March 1851 John G. Heayzlett/Hazlett Eleanor K. Hatfield Wm Barrett JP CONT 65 2 Nov 1851 John Thompson Rebecca Ann Hayzlett CONT 81 12 March 1852 John Jarrett Dorcas Ann Walker Miles Walker JP CONT 95 21 Apr 1852 Allen Pauley Elizabeth Jacobs CONT Index 25 Jul 1855 Barrett Dennis CONT 364 19 Oct 1856 Benjamin Miller Angeline Hayzlett Thomas Roy MG CONT CONT Vol. 4 Jan 1857-Oct 1865 #1302725 (Many Alfords and Barretts not listed here) CONT 24 12 July 1867 Hezekiah Barrett Elizabeth Duncan John Sardin? JP CONT 61 17 Jan 1858 Samuel S. Andes Nancy Jane Barrett Harvey Collins MG CONT 62 17 Jan 1858 Milton D. Creviston Mary Ellen Barrett McCarty MG CONT 67 5 March 1858 Edward Barrett Deborah Williams Elisha Earles MG CONT 86 17 Jun 1858 Charles W. Lamay Sophia Hatton Elisha Earles MG CONT 123 6 Feb 1859 Hugh Johnson Sarah Garrett Wm Cook JP CONT 190 3 May 1860 Amos B. Bundy Jane N. Barrett Elisha Earles MG CONT 205 30 Aug 1860 Eli Garrett Rachel Murfin Andrew D. Childers JP CONT 212 2 Aug 1860 John B. Humphrey Elizabeth J. Hazlett J.J. Iddings CONT 245 14 Mar 1861 Andrew F. Lemay Elizabeth Haskett JCR Layton Minister CONT 277 8 Aug 1861 William Rash Sarah Jarrett Wiley Walker CONT 288 10 Oct 1861 Andrew H. Barrett Mary E. Jarrett Elisha Earles MG CONT 292 24 Oct 1861 Andrew J. Alyea Sarah E. Barrett Iddings CONT 311 6 Feb 1862 Washington C. Stephen Sarah C. Barrett Rev J.S. Babcock CONT 312 5 Feb 1862 Joseph Scott Eliza Jane Barrett Elisha Earles CONT 316 20 Feb 1862 Thomas J. Piper Mary Ann Pauley Wm Feerrell JP CONT 318 24 March 1862 Sylvester W. Barrett Martha E. Roberts W.W. Rigdon MG CONT 335 22 Jun 1862 William Cupp Nancy Garrett Benjamin McCarty JP CONT 366 8 Dec 1862 Minrod Lacy Cynthia E. Barrett Elisha Earles CONT 411 19 Nov 1863 John Elsbury Fransena/Francis Jarrett Richard Fuqua JP CONT 420 1 Jan 1864 James Jarrett Eliza M. Smith JC White MG CONT 521 16 Jul 1865 William Hargrove Mary Marsh John Collins JP CONT 530 30 Aug 1865 John W. Richey Martha Barrett George Barnett JP CONT 537 21 Sept 1865 Lambert Jarrett Mary Ann Cox GW Bowers
Thank you to Sara Patton for creating WikiTree profile Lemay-235 through the import of hayzlett-hughart-black-waln-adams.ged on Mar 10, 2013.
Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by Sara and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Catherine's ancestors' mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.