Categories: French Immigrants to New France.
|This person lived in New France in what is now Québec.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Quebecois Project!
- Name: Anne /Lemoyne/Lemoine 
- Name: Anne /Messier/
- Name: Anne /Lemoine/
- Date: 1644
- Husband: Michel Messier
- Wife: Anne Lemoyne
- Child: Marie Anne Messier
- Date: 25 FEB 1658
- Place: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Date: 1657
- ↑ 1658, (25 février) Montréal. 1 MESSIER, MICHEL, (1) b 1640, fils de David et de Marguerite Bar, de St. Denis-le-petit-bourg, êvêché do Rouen, en Normandie. LEMOYNE, Anne, b 1644, fille de Pierre et de Judith Duchene, de St. Jacques de Dieppe. Catherine, b1 11 juillet 1659; m1 28 nov. 1678, a Etienne GENTES. Jeanne b 1 18 juin 1661; m 31 janv. 1679, a Ignace HEBERT, è. Boucherville 2; s 6 aout 1699, a Varennes. 3 Marie-Anne, b 1 2 aout 1665; 1° m 2 31 janv 1679, a Jean BRODEUR, (LE); 2° m 3 8 janv. 1721, a Alexandre PETIT. - Anne, b1 12 nov. 1667; s ler janv. 1668. Anne, b 1 21 dec. 1668; s 1 29 janv. 1669. Anne, b 2 5 fev. 1670; m 2 26 aout 1687, a Gabriel CELLES-DUCLOS. Gabrielle, b 1 2 mai 1672; S 2 5 juin 1682. Jean-Michel b 2 9 juillet 1674. Marguerite, 1 24 mai 1676; m 2 29 mars 1690, a Pierre LE SUEUR. Francois-Michel, b 1679; m 1 6 fev. 1706, a Marie-Anne AMIOT. René, b 2 21 avril 1681; 1° m 3 18 janv. 1706, à Catherine BISSONNET; 2° m 25 aout 1718, a Marie-Madeleine GUILLET, a Batiscan.
- WikiTree profile Lemoyne-6 created through the import of Bonneau_2012_Oct_04.ged on Oct 5, 2012 by Earl Bonneau. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Earl and others.
- Dictionnaire Généalogique des Familles Canadiennes, Volume: 7 Abbreviation: Dictionnaire Généalogique des Familles Canadiennes Author: Tanguay, L'abbe Cyprien Publication: Euxdbe Senecal, Province de Quebec, 1871
- WikiTree profile Lemoine-27 created through the import of FAMILY_2011-05-26.ged on May 26, 2011 by Jacky Gamble. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Jacky and others.
Before the King's Daughters: The Filles a Marier, 1634-1662" by Peter J. Gagne
- Lemoine or Le Moyne, Anne Anne Lemoine of Le Moyne was baptized 26 Jul 1638 in the parish of St-Jacques de Dieppe, Normandy, the 8th of 9 children of innkeeper Pierre Lemoine or Lemoyne and Judith Duchesne, who were married about 1618 in St-Remi de Dieppe. After probably losing both parents, Anne arrived in New France in 1657 with sister Jeanne and brother Jacques. The three rejoined brother Charles, Sieur de Longueuil, who had come to Canada 16 years earlier.On 25 Feb 1658, Anne married Michel Messier dit et Sieur de Saint-Michel in the chapel of the Hotel-Dieu de Montreal. She could not sign the marriage contract drawn up 18 Feb by notary Basset, but her husband could. Many of the notables of Ville-Marie were present as witnesses. Michel was born about 1641 in St-Denis-le-Tiboult (arrondissement and archdiocese of Rouen), Normandy, the son of David Messier and Marguerite Bar. He is first noted in Canada on 12 Aug1651 at Montreal. Michel was captured by the Iroquois in the autumn of 1654 and was returned to Montreal the next summer by a Mohawk captain named La Grande Armee. He and the other French prisoners the Mohawks held were exchanged for some Iroquois captains held in the fort at Ville-Marie. On 4 Nov 1657, Michel bought a 30-acre parcel of land known as La Provencale from Charles Le Moyne, his future brother-in-law, for 900 livres. He was again captured by the Iroquois on 24 Mar 1661. On 22 June, some Iroquois at Montreal claimed that he had been burned by the Onondagas and they weren't sure if he was alive or not. Nonetheless, Michel succeeded in escaping and returned to Montreal at the end of 1663. Michel and Jacques Lemoin, Sieur de Martigny (Anne's brother) were jointly granted a seigneurie at Varennes on 14 May1668 (ratified by Intendant Talon 3 Nov 1672), which they split on 1 Aug 1673 (ratified by Intendant Duchesneau 3 Aug1676). Michel kept the part known as Cap St-Michel and Lemoine kept Cap-de-la-Trinite. On 4 Oct 1678, Michel bought the seigneurie of La Guillaudiere from Laurent Bory, which he gave to his daughter Marguerite in 1690. In 1684, Michel took part in the campaign against the Iroquois, led by Lefebvre de La Barre. At the military review at Fort Frontenac on 14 Aug of that year, he is listed as commander of the launch La Generale. He obtained fur-trading licenses for the Ottawa territory in 1685, 1688, and 1693 and worked as a recruiter of fur traders in 1703 and 1704. Michel and Anne had 12 children. Daughter Catherine was baptized 11 July 1659 at Montreal, followed by Jeanne (18Jun 1661) and Marie-Anne (2 Aug 1665). The next two children died before reaching their first birthdays. Anne was baptized 12 Nov 1667, but buried 1 Jan 1668. Her name was given to the next child, baptized 21 Dec 1668. After her burial on 29 Jan 1669, the name Anne was again given to the next child, baptized 4 Feb 1670 at Montreal. Daughter Gabrielle was baptized 2 May 1672 at Montreal, followed by Jean-Michel, who was born at Varennes on 31 May and baptized 9 Jul 1674 at Boucherville. Marguerite was baptized at Montreal 24 May 1676, followed by an unnamed baby who was born, given an emergency baptism and buried 22 Aug 1678. Francois-Michel was born about 1679, followed by Rene, born at Varennes 20 Apr 1681 and baptized at Boucherville the next day. The 1681 census finds the family at Varennes on Michel's seigneurie of Cap-Saint-Michel. Anne Lemoine or Le Moyne died 15 Jul 1725 and was buried the next day at Varennes. Her husband survived her only by a few months. Michel Messier dit et Sieur de St-Michel died 2 Nov 1725 and was buried in the parish of Ste-Anne-de-Varennes the next day. Notary Tailhandier drew up an inventory of his estate on 4 Jan 1626. Note at the bottom, Pierre Lemoine died some time between 12 Sep 1656 and 12 Nov 1658 and Judith Duchesne died bef 12Nov 1658
Thank you to Nancy Cousins for creating WikiTree profile Lemoyne-13 through the import of CussonHawkinsHillHughesSurrell.ged on Jul 29, 2013. Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by Nancy and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Anne's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Nancy Lee Cousins and Lisa Trudeau. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On August 11, 2014 at 10:14GMT Nancy Lee Cousins wrote:
On August 10, 2014 at 20:42GMT Susan Martin wrote:
On April 14, 2014 at 11:05GMT Linda Gauvin wrote:
Anne is 17 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 24 degrees from Frank Russell Capra, 21 degrees from Mark Hamill, 22 degrees from AJ Jacobs and 14 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.