John Lewis, the immigrant ancestor, was born in England and settled among the earliest at Charlestown, Massachusetts. His wife Marguerite was admitted to the Charlestown Church, September 7, 1638, and she died at Malden, March 10, 1649.
He married (second), April 10, 1650, Mary Brown, believed to be the daughter of Abraham Brown, of Watertown. His widow married ___ Cutler. He died September 16, 1657.
1. John born September 12, 1638.
2. Joseph (twin), born March 29, 1640.
3. Mary (twin), born March 29, 1640.
4. Samuel, born June 24, 1641, at Malden.
5. Elizabeth, born September 6, 1642, married Bryant Borden.
6. Sarah, born December 24, 1647, married Joseph Brabrook, born at Malden.
7. Abraham, born December 10, 1650, of Rumney Marsh.
8. Jonathan, born January 4, died February 10 1652.
9. Mary, born January, 1653, married Samuel Penfield.
12. Trial, born January, 1657-58.
BET 1610 AND 1635, Imported only 1610 from Birth Date and marked as uncertain.
This person was created on 14 April 2010 through the import of Jamie 2010_2010-04-10.ged.
WikiTree profile Lewis-4793 created through the import of Putnam2-1_2010-01-02_2011-02-16_2011-10-11.ged on Oct 12, 2011 by John Putnam. See the Changes page for the details of edits by John and others.
↑Historic homes and places and genealogical and personal memoirs ..., Volume 1 edited by William Richard Cutter, Pg. 147
↑ Genealogies of the families and descendants of the early settlers of Watertown, Massachusetts Author: Bond, Henry Publication: 1860, this edition published later in one volume Call Number: G929.1744 W317bo2
Thanks to Oscar Dayton-118 for his contributions to this profile.
Michael, you've got a batch of profiles here with no birth dates-- even estimated-- in the birth fields; could you please add them? Empty birth fields make searching and finding matches near impossible. Thank you so much.