- Philip Lightfoot's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
- WikiTree profile Lightfoot-245 created through the import of GerkeFam.ged on Jun 14, 2012 by Matthew Gerke. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Matthew and others.
- Source: S-1391702692 Repository: #R-1570440514 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Note: This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created. Page: Ancestry Family Trees Note: Data: Text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=33965356&pid=1242
- Repository: R-1570440514 Name: Ancestry.com Address: http://www.Ancestry.com Note:
The Honorable Phillip Lightfoot "of Sandy Point" Charles City Co., Va., was also known as "The Merchant Prince" who amassed a sizeable fortune through the wise investment of his inheritance from his father Philip Lightfoot, Sr. In 1707, he was appointed the Clerk of York Co and moved to Yorktown where he built and resided in the Lightfoot Mansion located on a high bluff that commanded the port there. His influence in early Colonial Virginia were substantial.
Burial: Lightfoot Graveyard at Teddington, Tettington, Charles City County, Virginia, USA
Find A Grave Memorial# 42226872
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Philip's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.