Idonea de Longspee was born about 1208. She passed away about 1268.
Ida married Ralph de Somery, Baron of Dudley.
Sir William, Ida's second husband, died on 15 August 1261.
In July 37 Henry III , Little Linford manor co Buckingham, was held of Sir William de Bellocampo Bedeford and Idonea his wife of the honour of Newort Paynel.
Several writs were issued in October 46 Henry III  regarding William de Bello Campo de Bedeford, and the resulting Inquisitions held in Staunford town, Ravenesden, Hardwyk and Dilewyk, all in co Bedford, found William died on the Sunday after the Assumption of the Blessed Mary, which is celebrated on 15 August (see Wikipedia:Assumption of Mary).
The Inquisition at Dilewyk was held in response to a writ dated 22 October 46 Henry III because of a petition from Ida de Bello Campo, and it found Lady Ida de Bello Campo held Delewyk manor for life by fine made in the King's court between her and the said William.
An Inquisition on the Sunday after the Conversion of St Paul, 51 Henry III , found that Linford manor co Buckingham was held of the fee of Newport of the barony of Sir Roger de Somery, and Lady Ida de Bello Campo held it in dower.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 The Deputy Keeper of the Records, 1904, p.146, Abstract No 516 William de Bello Campo de Bedeford.
- ↑ The Deputy Keeper of the Records, 1904, pp. 322-323, See Beauchamp and Bello Campo
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 The Deputy Keeper of the Records, 1904, p. 73, Abstract No 281 Henry de Hauvill' alias de Hauwill' alias de Havil.
- ↑ Tim Perry, Tue May 13, 2014; alternate Death: 1269/1270
- ↑ The Deputy Keeper of the Records, 1904, p. 205, Abstract 656 Thomas de Hauvill alias de Hauvile
The Deputy Keeper of the Records. Calendar of Inquisitions Post Mortem and other Analogous Documents preserved in the Public Record Office. Vol I Henry III. London: His Majesty's Principal Secretary of State for the Home Department, 1904. Accessed: 2 July 2014.
- John Scheuerman Rootsweb was listed as a source but there is nothing about Ida at that web address.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Ida's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Bob Fields, Tim Perry, Lindsay Coleman, Roger Travis, and Wendy Hampton. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.