- Name: Cennetig MacLORCAIN (King) of THOMOND /(MUMHAN)/
- Name: Cineadh /of MUNSTER/
- Also called Cennétig mac Lorcain
- aka Kennedy (Ceinneidigh) of IRELAND; aka Cineadh Na MUNSTER; of CASHEL; King of NORTH MUNSTER
- Birth: Boruma, Dalcassians, Munster, Ireland
- Occupation: King of the Dál gCais; King of Tuadmum
Marriage and Issue
Cennétig mac Lorcáin of the Dál gCais (d. 951) king of Tuadmumu
- Mathgamain mac Cennétig, King of Munster abt 970 — 976. Mathgamuin son of Cennétig, king of Caisel, was killed by Mael Muad son of Bran, the previous king of Munster. [descendants: McMahon family of County Clare (Thomond).]
- Lachtna, d. 953
- Brian Boru
From Wikipedia on Cennetig:
- perhaps 11 sons and a daughter, Órlaith, wife of the High King of Ireland Donnchad Donn. Órlaith was killed in 941, supposedly for adultery with her stepson Óengus.
- Two of his sons—Dub and Finn—are said to have died at Gort Rotacháin in 944, two—Donncuan and Echthighern—died in 950 during the invasion of Munster by Donnchad Donn's successor Congalach Cnogba. Lachtna apparently succeeded his father, but was killed soon after, and followed by his brother Mathgamain.
- Death: 951, Slain Fighting Norse, Thomond, Limerick, Ireland
The report of Cennétig's death in 951 calls him "king of Tuadmumu".
- Wikipedia entry for Cennétig mac Lorcáin
- 'Kings, Queens, Chiefs & Rulers' by Paul Cheshire published by Star Fire 2003.
This person was created through the import of David Rentschler Family Tree_2010-09-30.ged on 01 October 2010.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Cennetig MacLorcain of Thomond's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Michelle Brooks, David Rentschler, and Wendy Hampton. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.