- Cearbhall Macdunghal's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Relationships between historical figures could have been simplified or even fabricated in the text to give the impression that succession remained within the same family….Precise chronology is also difficult to assess from the Sagas….The conclusion must be that the tight family network described in the Sagas is unlikely to be correct and that the relationships shown below should be treated with considerable caution. http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/NORWEGIAN%20NOBILITY.htm
TRANSLATED FROM NORWEGIAN Kjarval ( Cerbal ) Irekonge , occupation : King of Osraige , Ireland, 840-888 , married _____. Kjarval dead 888 Beating the Danes at Dublin in 845 Later, allied with both Danes and Irish , and was 875 chosen by the Danes as king over Ireland . Deaths in intensive care . Should stem from the Irish king Conn of the hundred kinds, who lived in the late 200 's and that was the ancestor of the O'Connor family. One of Conn's descendants was King Niall of the nine hostages , who became the ancestor of O'Neill genus .
- Birth: 0800 Of, Ireland; ALTERNATE BIRTH CA. 900
- Name: Cerball mac Dunlaige /of IRELAND/
- King of Osraige
- Called Kjarvair of Ireland.
SourceAncestry Family Trees
Ancestry Family Trees Text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=6601291&pid=1495507910
- Source: #S-2141108661
- Page: Ancestry Family Trees
- ↑ Pg. 5. " Old Northern Accounts of Ireland" Report Addressed by the Royal Society of Northern Antiquaries to Its British .Kongelige Nordiske oldskriftselskab (Denmark) By. D. Qvist, (1836 - Ruthwell obelisk )
- ↑ The Scandinavian Kingdom of Dublin By Charles Haliday A. Thom, 1882 -(1882 Dublin,Ireland)
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Cearbhall's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Chet Spencer, Renee Malloy, Wendy Hampton, Jeff Johnson, and Adam McQuery. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.