Categories: Lower Melrose Cemetery, Nacogdoches County, Texas.
Dan was a farmer, he share cropped all over Eastern Texas, mainly in Nacogdoches County near the community of BlackJack. He married Launa (1917) and they had 5 children in quick succession; She never recovered from the birth the 5th child and died in 1925. He then married Lillie Mae Fisher (who already had two children) in 1927. They had 10 more children and Dan died when the youngest child was less than 2 years old in 1947.
According to the 1920 census in Nacogdoches County, Dan and Luana were married and had 2 children (Etta and Thelma) and they lived in the same area of Chireno as Luana's parents (Jeptha Lee) did. Dan says he is 29 and that Luana is 21. His father was born in Alabama and that his mother was born is Mississippi.
- Cyndi Ricks, firsthand knowledge. Click the Changes tab for the details of edits by Cyndi and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Daniel's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Daniel is 24 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 24 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 36 degrees from Gene Kelly, 22 degrees from Maureen O'Hara and 26 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.