- Malcolm Beag Mackintosh's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- 10th Chief of Mackintosh. Son of William Mackintosh, 7th chief. Said to have supported Donald of the Isles at the Battle of Harlaw in 1411 where 16th century historian, Sir Robert Gordon states that Mackintosh of Mackintosh was killed but this is thought not to have been Malcolm Beg Mackintosh. Malcolm is said to have been present at the dinner where the Comyns were killed in the Castle of Nairn 1424. Malcolm is also said to have fought in against the Camerons in 1441 where his son Gillichallum Mackintosh was killed. Malcolm’s grandson, “Malcolm Og”, through his fourth son is said to have fought and might have been killed at the Battle of Clachnaharry in 1454.
Children of Malcolm Mackintosh, 10th Chief of Mackintosh and 11th of Clan Chattan and Moira Macdonald
- Muriel Mackintosh
- Duncan Mackintosh, 11th of Mackintosh+2 d. 1496
- Lachlan Mackintosh of Gellovie+2 d. Sep 1493
- Alan Mackintosh d. 20 Feb 1476
- Malcolm Mackintosh d. 1441
- Moira Mackintosh
In the notice of Malcolm, the tenth chief of Mackintosh, who is said to have died in 1457, the writer records that he had five daughters, and that of these, " Muriel married John Mor Grant of Freuchie; Mora married Hucheon Kose of Kili'avock; Janet married Patrick Mac Ian Hoy, brother of Sir Duncan Grant
Fraser, William, Sir, 1816-1898. The chiefs of Grant (Kindle Locations 3624-3627). Edinburgh.  p.1485
- This person was created through the import of Beaman Family Tree.ged on 31 March 2011.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Malcolm Beag's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On January 9, 2015 at 03:32GMT Guy Constantineau wrote:
On January 9, 2015 at 03:30GMT Guy Constantineau wrote:
On January 9, 2015 at 03:09GMT Darrell Parker wrote:
Malcolm Beag is 20 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 42 degrees from Anne Frank, 24 degrees from AJ Jacobs and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.