- Madog (Maredydd) ap Maredudd's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Cymraeg: Madog ap Maredudd, brenin of Powys (d.1160)
English: Madog ap Maredudd, king of Powys
Maredudd ap Bleddyn ap Cynfyn.
m. 'Susanna, chwaer (daughter of) Owain Gwynedd.
To combat Owain Gwynedd's advances into Powis, Madog first allied with Ranulf, earl of Chester. It failed. His later alliance with Henry II was successful.
contemporary poets sang Madog's praises and characterized him in prose romance.
1025 Bleddyn ap Cynfyn (obit 1075).
. 1065 Maredudd (obit 1132)
.. 1098 Madog (obit 1160)
... 1130 Gruffudd Maelor I ap Madog (obit 1191)
.... 1160 Madog ap Gruffydd Maelor (obit 1236)
..... 1195 Gruffudd Maelor II (obit 1269)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Jones Pierce, MA. FSA, Professor Thomas, "MADOG ap MAREDUDD", Welsh Biography Online", http://wbo.llgc.org.uk/en/s-MADO-APM-1160.html, accessed 17 September 2014
- ↑ Mike Ashley, The Mammoth Book of British Kings and Queens
- ↑ The Ancestry of Owain Glyndŵr Ancient Wales Studies, by Darrell Wolcott.
- ↑ Lloyd, p. 209, retrieved 2014-06-21, amb
Pickering, W. (1890). Archaeologia Cambrensis. Google eBook.
Lloyd, J.Y.W. (1885). "The History of Powys Fadog, Vol 5." The History of the Princes, the Lords Marcher, and the Ancient Nobility of Powys Fadog, and the Ancient Lords of Arwystli, Cedewen, and Meirionydd. T. Richards. Google Books.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Madog's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Richard Ragland, Jeffrey Davidson, Michelle Brooks, Wendy Hampton, Bob Carson, Katherine Wall, and Elizabeth Ross. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.