This person migrated to New England during the Puritan Great Migration (1620-1640).
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Puritan Great Migration Project!
Magdalene married John Bullard, probably about 1630 in England (based on the birth of their first child in 1632).
John married Ellen Dickerman as his second wife.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Since the publication of Bullards and Allied Families, there has been confusion about Magdalene's maiden name. A pedigree chart in that book juxtaposed her first name and that of her brother-in-law, George, making it appear that her name was Magdalen George. See further explanation and an image of the chart here: http://www.wikitree.com/photo/jpg/George-68.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 There is a question as to whether Magdalene's mother was Agnes Wright or Anne Hosmer. Online family histories are about equally divided between the two possibilities. There is evidence that a John Martyn did marry an Agnes Wright about that time, but in another part of England. In the Martyn family of Barnham, the first child was a boy named after his father, John, and the second was a girl named Anne, making it reasonable to suppose that her mother was also named Anne.
- ↑ "Bullerd (see Bullard)... Madgdaline, Nov. 29, 1661." Medfield Vital Records, Deaths, p. 198.
- ↑ Alternate dates of death: 29 Jan 1661, 29 Jan 1662
- Plummer, John, "The Martyn Wives of Robert and John Bullard," New England Historical and Genealogical Register 146, 1992, 279-.
- Stutt, Clifford L. and Myrtle Stevens Hyde, "The English Bullard Family Revisited," New England Historical and Genealogical Register 154, 2000, 172 -.
- Bullard and allied families; the American ancestors of George Newton Bullard and Mary Elizabeth Bullard. Edgar J. Bullard. Detroit, 1930.
- Vital Records of Medfield, Massachusetts. NEHGS, Boston, 1903.
- Ancestral File Number: 9J45-1N
- http://wiki.abulsme.com/Magdalene_Martyn Contains extensive primary and secondary source citations.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Magdalene's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Carole Partridge, Bob Fields, Louie Johnson, Ron Callahan, and Elizabeth S. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Magdalene is 15 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 45 degrees from Anne Frank, 21 degrees from AJ Jacobs and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.