Capt. Hugh Mason, was one of the very first settlers of Watertown. He d. October 10, 1678 aged 73. By wife Esther, who d. May 1, 1692, he had: Hannah, b. Sept. 23, 1636; m. Oct. 17, 1653, Capt. Joshua Brooks of Concord, eldest son of Capt, Thomas Brooks of Watertown. (p. 356)
Deacon Joshua Brooks, a tanner, m. in Watertwon, Oct. 17, 1653, Hannah Mason, dau. of Capt. Hugh Mason. They settled in that south part of Concord. It is conjectured that he learned his trade of Capt. Mason and soon after married his daughter. (p. 720)
Children:Hannah b. ___; m. in Watertwon, Jan. 15, 1677-8 Benjamin Pierce. John b. 1657; d. May 18 1697: m. Nov. 8, 1682, Deborah Garfield, b. about 1662, dau. of Samuel and Mary (Benfield) Garfield of Watertown. Noah m: Dorothy Wright of Sudbury; he d. Feb. 1, 1738 aged 82; and his wid. d. Mar. 15, 1750 aged 90. Grace b Mar 10 1660-1; d. in 1753 aged 93; m. Dec. 6, 1686 Judah Potter, son of Luke Potter. Daniel b. Nov. 15, 1663. Thomas b. Sept. 9, 1666; d. Sept. 9, 1671. Esther b. July 4, 1668; m. Aug. 17, 1692, Benjamin Whittemore, b. Sept 1, 1669. Elizabeth b. Dec. 16, 1672; m. Dec. 7, 1705, Ebenezer Merriam. Job b. July 26, 1675; d. May 18, 1697 aged 22; unm. Hugh b. Jan. 1, 1677 of Concord; d. Jan 18 1746 aged 70; m. Apr. 9, 1701, Abigail Barker. (p. 720) 
MASON, Hannah, d. Hugh and Ester, 23: 7m: 1636. (p. 4)
BROOKS, Joshuah and Hannah Mason, 17: 8m: 1653. (p. 16)
Children: BROOKSDanill, s. Josuah and Hanna, Nov. 15, 1663. (p. 11) Elizabeth, d. Joshua and Hanna, Dec. 16, 1672. (p. 16) Esther, d. Joshua and Hanna, July 4, 1668. (p. 14) Grace, d. Josuah and Hanna, Mar. 10, 1660-61. (p. 9) Jobe, s. Joshua and Hanna, July 26, 1675. (p. 20) Thomas, s. Josuah and Hanna, May 5, 1666. (p. 12)
BROOKHugh, s. Joshua and Hanna, Jan. 1, 1677. (p. 20)
Concord DeathsBROOKES, Job, s. Joshua, May 18, 1697. (p. 57)
BROOKES, Hannah and Benjamin Peirse, Jan. 15, 1678. Watertown p. 45 BROOKES, Elizebeth, and Ebenezer Miriam, Dec. 6, 1705. Concord p. 64 BROOKES, Ester, and Benjamin Whittemore, Aug. 17, 1692. Concord p. 36 
- ↑ Genealogies of the Families and Descendants of the Early Settlers of Watertown, Massachusetts, Including Waltham and Weston: by Henry Bond, Horatio Gates Jones New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1860
- ↑ Vital Records of Watertown Massachusetts to the Year 1850
- ↑ Vital Records of Concord Massachusetts to the Year 1850
- ↑ Entered by Chris Hoyt, 25 January 2014.
- This person was created through the import of Shortened files.ged on 30 December 2010.
- WikiTree profile Mason-1370 created through the import of Ancestors of PBHowe.ged on Jun 6, 2011 by Buck Howe. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Buck and others.
- WikiTree profile Mason-3475 through the import of Early1600s_v1.ged on Jun 24, 2013.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Hannah's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Rick Pierpont, and Chris Hoyt. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.