- Jeptha Simeon Massey's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
- Date: BET 1820 AND 1825
- Place: Prob AL
Imported only 1820 from Birth Date and marked as uncertain.
- Date: 29 NOV 1863
- Place: MS, CW action
- Date: 1862
- Place: Civil War Battle
Found multiple copies of DEAT DATE. Using 29 NOV 1863Array
- Date: 1860
- Place: "Jess" Massey, Attala Co., MS page 355
- Note: #N1035
- WikiTree profile Massey-732 created through the import of MasseyClarkson.ged on Oct 1, 2011 by Barbara Ferrell. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Barbara and others.
- Note N1035Census 1860 Attala Co. MS, page 355, HH # 446/483
- Living with Knox family
- Jess Massey 40 AL
- Martha Massey 25 AL (second wife)
- Mary C. 2 MS
- Massey, Jeptha S. -- Farmer at Rome, MS. Age 32. Married. Joined State Service Mar 15, 1861 at Kosciusko, MS into Capt. Fletcher's Old Company D, New Company I, 13th MS Regiment. Enlisted May 1861 at Corinth, MS into Minutemen of Attala. Sick at Richmond Hospital Apr 1, 1862. Transferred to Quinn's Company A on Dec 1, 1862, Killed Nov 29, 1863 in Knoxville, TN. (from the Winston Co. MS GenWeb site)
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Jeptha Simeon by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share significant DNA with Jeptha Simeon:
- Barbara Ferrell - Family Tree DNA Family Finder
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.