- Barbara McCombe's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- Let's figure this out at the the Barbara McCombe Study
Alternate Name Spellings Seen
- Mccabe 
- Date: 1804-11-10
- Place: ,, Virginia, USA 
Sons of the American Revolution Application
- This is an obviouos misreading of the original document which clearly says in legibly written cursive writing, "McCombe." Hollenbeck-72 02:36, 18 August 2015 (EDT)
- Name: Barbara McCabe
- SAR Membership: 70441
- Role: Ancestor
- Application Date: 14 Sep 1949
- Spouse: John Nickell
- Children: Joseph Nickell , 
- There is a discrepancy in the marriage dates for Barbara McComb and John Nickell: 1744 vs. 1755. Can we find a source?
Find A Grave
- Name: Barbara McComb Nickell
- Birth Date: 1735
- Birth Place: Ireland
- Death Date: 4 Nov 1804
- Death Place: Staunton, Augusta County, Virginia, USA
- Cemetery: John Nickell Family Cemetery
- Burial or Cremation Place: Staunton, Staunton City, Virginia, USA
- Has Bio?: N
- Spouse: John Nickell Sr 
- Note: John's will
- WikiTree profile McCombe-21 created through the import of DE Lewis Family Tree.ged on Mar 4, 2012 by David Lewis. See the Changes page for the details of edits by David and others.
- This person was created through the import of LaBach Family TreeApril28_2011.ged on 05 May 2011.
- ↑ Mccabe may be a transcription error, but it is more likely a reading error. The D.A.R. application from which it was transcribed says "McCombe" in very clear cursive writing. Richard Hollenbeck 15 Sep 2015
- ↑ Imported only 1804 from Death Date.
- ↑ Ancestry.com. U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2011.
- ↑ Original data: Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970. Louisville, Kentucky: National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution. Microfilm, 508 rolls.
- ↑ Created by: Tracie Shrader Flack Record added: Aug 10, 2013; Find A Grave Memorial# 115221690; URL: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=115221690
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Barbara by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Barbara:
- Janice (Morris) Kollitz : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A929896, Ancestry member P_Stepe
- Roy Lockhart : AncestryDNA + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch F216962, FTDNA kit #216962 + 23andMe, GEDMatch M533831
- Scelia W : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member widmays2011
- Herb Depke : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch FN9400, FTDNA kit #9400N + 23andMe
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Michael Lewis, Richard Hollenbeck, Raymond Nichols, James Nichols, and Richard Schultheiss. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Barbara is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 38 degrees from Anne Frank, 21 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 25 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.