This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
- User ID: DD22A48FAEEB4B2E93D01E27105835D15A18
- Data Changed:
- Date: 16 Mar 2011
- Time: 21:31
- Date: 16 Mar 2011
Prior to import, this record was last changed 21:31 16 Mar 2011.
- Note: #NI622367565
- WikiTree profile McDavid-22 created through the import of Gedcom ONE for WikiTree.ged on Aug 7, 2011 by Dolores M. Pringle Pringle. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Dolores M. Pringle and others.
- Note NI622367565Sources:
- Census 1790, 1800, 1810, 1820
- Distribution sale of William
- Research done by Mc David family
- Madison Co., Al Records, Vol 197
- Abstracts of old 96
- McDavid-Dorroh by Munger
- William McDavid administration of James-1 will.
- NOTES ON WILLIAM-4 MC DAVID
- We do not know who William's parents were but feel confident that he descends from James-1. There are too many of the same name to be sure of the lineage, but I present this as an educated theory.
- James-1 had three sons we know the names of from his will. There were probably Unnamed minor children. It has been concluded that George never went to SC, But settled in Kentucky. Patrick is said to have gone to Illinois. The error in most writings appears to be having Patrick-2 married to Rosanne. I have another theory that better suits the dates we have to work with.
- John-2 (James-1) went to SC and settled on Duncan Creek. His children are unknown, but all in the SC area are attributed to John-2 of Patrick-2. I do not believe Patrick-2 was ever in SC but that John-2 had a son Patrick who married Rosanna. This Patrick-3 was most likely the father of our William-4. William names two of his children Patrick and Rosanna. The dates would appear like this:
- James-1 B. Abt 1684 M. Abt 1709 D. 3 Oct. 1749, age 65
- John-2 B. Abt 1710 M. Abt 1735 D. before 1784, age 84-
- Patrick-3 B. Abt 1737 M. Abt 1760 D. 1783, age 46
- William-4 B. Abt 1762 M. Abt 1787 D. 23 Oct. 1819, age 57
- John-2 married Isabel and William did not use her name for his daughters.
- William bought land on Reedy Creek in Laurens Co., SC in 1796, probably after his mother Rosanne died in Abbyville. Between 1810 and 1819, they removed to Lincoln Co., TN.
- After William's death in 1819, Nancy and her son James remained until 1832 when they bought land in Madison Co., Al near the Hazelgreen. Nancy's box tomb is in the cemetery about 5 miles south of town. She was 79 when she died.
- The eldest daughter Jane is not listed among the children in Munger's book because at the time of the 1810 census she had married Thomas Mathews and was living in Pendleton District. Jane was the first born Abt 1788.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of William's ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.