Categories: WikiTree Help
Every person's profile on WikiTree has a "Memories" section for personal reminiscences and stories about them. This is an opportunity to make a person more than just a name on a family tree. Unlike the "Bio/Notes" section, Memories are non-collaborative. It's a personal memory from you.
Here are some ideas for inspiring memories about people. Most of these were suggested by Joanna Tolson.
Memories to put on your parents' profiles
- Were you told the story of how your parents met?
- What was your favorite dish that your mother cooked?
- What do you remember about your mother or father's job?
- What wisdom did they share that has stuck with you?
- What stories about your parents do you remember?
Memories for a sibling's profile
- Describe something you and your siblings did that would horrify your mother.
- What qualities in them do you admire?
- What's the first thing you think of when you think about growing up with them?
Memories for a child's profile
- Were you there when they were born? What do you remember about the day?
- Describe something a child did that made you laugh. Is there something that was not funny at the time, but you can laugh about now?
- What have they done that makes you proud?
Memories for your spouse's profile
- How did you meet your spouse/significant other?
- What are/were your favorite activities together?
- What were the greatest challenges you faced together?
Memories for other relatives' profiles
- Do you remember meeting the person for the first time?
- Did they ever tell you a funny story?
- What relative that has passed away would you most like to see again? What would you say to them or ask them? Put this memory on their profile.
- What was the last family event you attended? Who was there? Put memories from the event on different people's profiles.
- Did anyone in your immediate family ever serve in the military? Who and what branch? Add what you remember to their profile.
Memories to put on your own profile
- Where were you and what were you doing on September 11, 2001?
- What kind of car do you drive? Who taught you to drive? (This memory might go on their profile.)
- Name one thing you would try to do if you were president.
- Name two places in the world you would like to visit and why.
- What is the worst meal you have ever made?
- How many town, cities or states have you lived in? See how many you can list.
- Do you remember your first phone number? What was it?
- Describe something you did that would horrify your kids.
- Have you ever met anyone famous? Who, where and when?
- Do you have a favorite book?
- Do you have a favorite movie?
- Name an organization you're a member of, such as a church, union, book club, social club, FBI's Most Wanted List.
- What advice do you give your kids that you feel is most important?
This page was last modified 17:24, 27 December 2012. This page has been accessed 4,745 times.