This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
- User ID: 8D772BC1019C344382F7A48DE75FC470282E
- Data Changed:
- Date: 27 FEB 2008
Prior to import, this record was last changed 27 FEB 2008.
- CAVALIERS & PIONEERS, Vol III, p.393. William Mayo, Gent received a patnet for 9350 acres in Goochland County, South side of the James from upper Manikin Crk to Deep Crk on 28 Sep 1730. Adj lands of Thomas Jefferson & Company, Daniel Thomas, William Allen, Mathew Lygon, William Randolph Esqr, Abraham Micheaux, John Saunders, William Lax, John Woodson Gent, Bartholomew Stoval, Daniel Stoner. 1000 acres part granted Thomas Randolph 2 Jun 1722; 400 acres granted Mathew Cox 18 Feb 1722; 7950 acres wasteland.
- 28 Sep 1732 Abraham Michaux patent for 400 acres in Goochland, South side of James on branches of Little Deep Crk adj John Sanders & Peter LeGrand. [PB 14, p.466]
- Goochland Co VA Deed Book 4:
- .p.5 29 Dec 1741 Abraham Michaux sold 100 acres to Robert Burton; land patented by his father and left to him by Will. Jacob Michaux was one of the witnesses. States that this land was patented by Abraham's father and left to him by Will. On the river being the dividing line between Anthony Morgan [his brother-in-law] and Abraham Michaux
- Lunenburg co VA, Will Book 1 1746-1762 p.30 Nuncupative Will Amelia County 31 Dec 1747. Peleg Farguson made oath that on Sat 28 Nov 1747 he was with Abraham Michaux...lying very sick and like to die. ...will was that William Tucker should have everything that he was possessed of with only 1 black heifer, which he gave to his sister Susanna Quinn. If Tucker die without heirs, then John Jr. and Abraham Mechaux, his brother, sons of John Mechaux, should come in for his estate. Michaux died before Ferguson finished writing the will Proved 2 Aug 1748. Lyddal Bacon, Gent. with John Bacon & Lewis Delony, surety, entered into bond for the execution of the estate.
- 7 Apr 1752: Report of Lydall Bacon's account of administration of Ab'm. Michaux, dec'd., included payments to Susannah Quinn. Payments to the estate included those of John Morton, Richard Woodson.
- [Tradition states that Abraham was injured by an Indian and that was the cause of his death. He never married.]
- WikiTree profile Michaux-27 created through the import of Haden for WikiTree.ged on Oct 10, 2011 by Kay Haden. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Kay and others.
- Source: S231 Abbreviation: Ancestry of William Clopton Title: Lucy Lane Erwin, The Ancestory of William Clopton of York County, Virginia, (Rutland, Vermont: The Tuttle Publishing Co., Inc., 1939) Repository: #R10 Call Number: CS/71/C641/1939
- Repository: R10 Name: NEHGS Lending Library Address: New England Historic Genealogical Society Address 1: New England Historic Genealogical Society Note: 2008. No longer lends books, available only at the Library.
- Source: S623 Abbreviation: Cavaliers & Pioneers Title: Nell Marion Nugent, Cavaliers and Pioneers.: Abstracts of Virginia Land Patents and Grants , 7 Volumes. (Richmond: Virginia State Library.) Note: Found also at Birgminham Public Library. Vol I found at the FHC. Repository: #R17
- Repository: R17 Name: National Genalogical Society Address: Lending Library Address 1: Lending Library Note: The Lending Library of NGS was moved to St. Louis; the books may be obtained on Interlibrary Loan.
- Source: S730 Abbreviation: Early VA Families Along the James Title: Louise Pledge Heath Foley, Compiler, Early Virginia Families Along the James River: Their Deep Roots & Tangled Branches. 3 Volumes. Patents taken from CAVALIERS & PIONEERS. (Richmond: Foley, 1974. np: Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co Inc, 1980) Repository: #R12 Call Number: F225 .F596 1979 Page: Vol 1 Henrico County - Goochland County
- Repository: R12 Name: Birmingham Public Library-Tutwiler Collection Address: 2100 Park Place CONT Birmingham, AL 35203 Address 1: 2100 Park Place City: Birmingham State: AL Postal Code: 35203 Note: M-T 9AM-8PM CONT W-Sa 9AM-6PM CONT Su 2PM-6PM Phone Number: 205-226-3665
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Abraham by comparing test results with other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Abraham:
- Scott Billings : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A562188, Ancestry member johnscottbillings
- Joe Poole : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch 5913521, Ancestry member Joe_Poole
- Jack Templeton : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch F63127, FTDNA kit #63127
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Abraham is 21 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 38 degrees from Anne Frank, 16 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 24 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.