Mary was born on January 5, 1848 in Vermont.
She was married to Jesse Harris on March 12, 1872, in Rock Island, Illinois.
She died on September 24, 1936 in Fort Collins, Larimer County, Colorado, and is buried in Grandview Cemetry in Fort Collins. Her gravesite can be found at Find A Grave.
1880 - U.S. federal census - In the 1880 census, the Jessie Harris family was living in Longmont, Boulder, Colorado and consisted of Jessie, 30, and his wife, Abbie, also 30, and their children Archibald Harris, 5; Nellie Harris, 8; Grace Harris, 3; and Julia Harris, 6 months.
1900 - U.S. federal census - In the 1900 census, Jesse Harris, 50, was living in Fort Collins, Larimer, Colorado, with his wife Mary A., 52. Also in the household were their children, Grace M., 22, Abbie D., 20, Mary 16, and Lucian M., 9.
1910 - U.S. federal census - In 1910, Jessie Harris, 60, was living in Ward 2, Fort Collins, Larimer County, Colorado, and is shown as a land and livestock dealer. Living with him were his wife, Mary A., 62, and children Lucien (listed as Lucrin on Ancestry), 19 and Delphine Coy, 30.
- ↑ 1880 U.S. census, Boulder, Colorado, population schedule, Longmont, enumeration district (ED)22, p. 446B, dwelling 197, family 206, Jessie Harris; digital images, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com: accessed 21 Feb 2012); citing National Archives and Records Administration microfilm T9, roll 88.
- ↑ 1900 U.S. census, Larimer, Colorado, population schedule, Fort Collins, enumeration district (ED) 213, sheet 36B, p. 55 written, dwelling 537, family 567, Jesse Harris; digital images, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 9 Jun 2012); citing National Archives and Records Administration microfilm T623, roll 126.
- ↑ 1910 U.S. census, Larimer, Colorado, population schedule, Fort Collins, enumeration district (ED) 0225, sheet 1A, p. 45 typed, dwelling 2, family 2, Josie Harris; digital images, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 9 Jun 2012); citing National Archives and Records Administration microfilm T624, roll 121.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Mary's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Mary is 23 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 42 degrees from Anne Frank, 22 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 29 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 21 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.