- George Henry Minnich's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This biography was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import. It's a rough draft and needs to be edited.
- Occupation: Iron Worker
- Note: #N398
- User ID: B3A0315D51574D4FBE993400B046DA60E046
- Format: jpg
- File: /Volumes/Data/My Documents/Active Documents/Reunion Documents /Reunion Pictures/George H. Minnich.jpg
- Title: George H. Minnich
- Type: PHOTO
- Primary or Preferred: Y
- SIZE 82.000000 102.000000
- Data Changed:
- Date: 9 OCT 2009
Prior to import, this record was last changed 9 OCT 2009.
- Note N398
- I've not found anything on my grandfather other than date of birth (6/20/1867) and death (1/9/1930). If Cata. Mfg closed in 1893 and if there were no other mills in Catty/Fullerton, then maybe that's when he started work in Lebanon. Maybe he did some other work for a while. At any rate if he did work 20 years in Lebanon he retired or stopped working at a fairly young age. Remember, my recollection is that he worked 20 years in Lebanon. When Cata. Mfg. reopened in 1907 as a casting company, I assume there was no rolling involved. Too many unknowns! I'm going to checkout Lebanon/Lebanon Co. Historical Soc. to see if any info on iron and steel industry. At some point, Beth. Steel opened some sort of facility there. I believe it had already closed by the time we moved to Lebanon in 1966. My recollection is that the plant made screw machine products; heavy duty variety, not necessarily what one would find in a hardware store. Mother was very pleased when we moved to Lebanon, thinking the family had come full circle from her father having worked there.
Thank you to John McVey for creating WikiTree profile Minnich-123 through the import of Minnich-79.ged on Dec 29, 2013. Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by John and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of George Henry's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
George Henry is 29 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 31 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 39 degrees from Michael Phelps, 38 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 29 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.