John Morland, Jr.,[son of John Morland and Ann Bell, born 1692 in York Co., VA and died 1717 in York Co., VA. Married Jane Young, daughter of John Young.
1711 John Morland mentioned as owning land in York Co. adjacent to Philip Dunford. Cavaliers and Pioneers, page 113.
Dec. 1712 York Co. Orders page 207. Edward Lofty vs. John Moreland regarding debt.
1717 York Co., Va Wills, etc. Library of VA Reel 7, page 109. "Jane Moreland came into court and made oath that her husband John Moreland departed this life without making any will and she knows or believes on her....and entering into bond together with John Young and Richard Roby her security for her just and faithfull administration of his estate and is admitted into record. Certificate is granted her for obtaining letters of administration in due course."
1719 Jane Morland named as executrix in her father, John Young's estate. York Co., VA Orders, etc No. 15, page 551.
1720 York Co., VA Order Book No. 15, page 584. Charles Hansford, William Lee, William Fuller and Richard Burt were named to appraise the estate of John Moreland.
1726 York Co., VA Order Book. Guardian bond for William Lee guardian of Young Morland.
1728 York Co. Order Book, page 557. Settlement of the estate of John Morland mentions Young Morland, Ann Morland and Britton Morland.
Children of John Morland and Jane Young are:15. Young Morland born ca 1712 in York Co., VA, died 1774 York Co., VA. 16. Ann Morland 17. Britton Morland
- Moreland/Morland Family in Colonial America and England
- WikiTree profile Moreland-220 created through the import of 60a.GED on Jan 11, 2012 by Michael Lechner. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Michael and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of John's ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages:
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.