This person was created on 16 November 2010 through the import of Morton Family Tree.ged.
Birth and First Marriage
John Morgret was born on June 25, 1795 in Bethel Township, Bedford County, PA. His parents were George Morgret and Margaret Fisher. His first wife was Catherine Elizabeth Smith, daughter of Jacob Smith and Esther Shribock, in 1818. They had nine children: Savannah, Bartley, Rebecca, Henry, Jacob, Matilda, Elijah, Harbert, and John S. Catherine died on Jan. 27, 1833. (Catherine Elizabeth Smith was born on 21 Aug 1794, died on 27 Jan 1833 in , Fulton, Pennsylvania, United States and was buried in Bethel Church Cemetery, Warfordsburg, Fulton, Pennsylvania.)
John next married Elizabeth M Hess , daughter of Jacob Hess Senior and Ruhama "Amy" Fisher, in 1832. (Elizabeth M Hess was born on 12 Mar 1809 in Bethel Twp., Bedford, Pennsylvania, United States, died on 21 Mar 1884 in Brush Creek Twp., Fulton, Pennsylvania, United States 79 and was buried in Bethel Church Cemetery, Warfordsburg, Fulton, Pennsylvania.) They also had nine children: Rhoda, Catherine, Abraham, Abner, Elizabeth, Benjamin, Asa, Susannah and William.
According to the 1850 census, John was a farmer.
Death and Will
John died Nov. 3, 1880. His last will and testament reads as such: Will of John Morgret, late of Bethel Township, deceased.
In the name of God, Amen, I, John Morgret of Bethel Township Fulton County, State of Pennsylvania. Being in Body and sound in Mind, Memory, and Understanding, praised be to God for it considering the certainty of death and the uncertainty of the time, and to the end I may be the better prepared to leave this world whenever it shall please God to call me home, do therefore make and declare this to be my Last Will and testament in manner following that is to say first and principally I command my soul into the hands of Almighty God my Creator that is to say after all my just debts and funeral expenses are paid, I bequeath to my wife to have her home on or at the old home as long as she lives and every necessary furnished for her maintainance and my executors to see that she is properly taken care of as long as she lives and decently and honorably buried and funeral expenses paid. I now bequeath to my son Bartley Morgret two notes that I hold against the said Bartley Morgret for seventy one dollars and fifteen cents each, dated the 26 November 1864. Now I bequeath to Rebecca Younker one hundred and twenty dollars at my decease, and now I bequeath to Esther Morgret widow of Henry Morgret deceased twenty five dollars as soon as convenient after my decease. Now I bequeath to my son Jacob Morgret one hundred dollars as soon as convenient after my decease. Now I bequeath to Matilda Plessinger eighty dollars, and now I bequeath to Fancy Miller twenty dollars and no more. Now I bequeath to Elijah Morgret one hundred dollars. I bequeath to Harbert Morgret one hundred dollars. Now I bequeath to John S. Morgret one hundred dollars and now I bequeath to Abraham Morgret one hundred dollars. Now I bequeath the balance of my estate to be equally divided among my heirs as follows, to Bartley Morgret, Rebecca Younker, Jacob Morgret, Matilda Plessinger, Elijah Morgret, Harbert Morgret, John S. Morgret, Catherine Decker, Abraham Morgret, Abner Morgret, Elizabeth Morgret, no Barnhart, William Morgret, to be paid as shortly after my decease as conveniently can be and after all my just debts and funeral expenses are paid to be evenly divided among the above named heirs the home not to be sold as long as my beloved wife lives. And I do hereby nominate and constitute and appoint Harbert Morgret of Belfast Township, Fulton Co. State of Pennsylvania, my executor of my Last Will and Testament.
- Descendants of Phillip Morgret: ==http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~rkandbd/181.htm==
- 1850 US Federal Census: 1850; Census Place: Bethel, Fulton, Pennsylvania; Roll: M432_783; Page: 54B; Image: 111
- 1880; Census Place: Bethel, Fulton, Pennsylvania; Roll: 1133; Family History Film: 1255133; Page: 98D; Enumeration District: 213; Image: 0200
- Find A Grave. Find A Grave. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi.
This person was created on 16 November 2010 through the import of Morton Family Tree.ged.
34. Elizabeth Hess (Jacob‑2, William‑1) was born on 12 March 1809 in Bethel Twp., Bedford Co., (now Fulton Co.,) Pennsylvania. She died on 12 March 1884 in Fulton Co., Pennsylvania. She was buried on 14 March 1884 in Tonoloway Baptist Church Cemetery in Thompson Twp., Bedford Co., (now Fulton Co.,) Pennsylvania.
She was married to John Morgret about 1832 in Bedford Co., (now Fulton Co.,) Pennsylvania. John Morgret was born on 4 June 1795 in Bethel Twp., Bedford Co., (now Fulton Co.,) Pennsylvania. He died on 5 November 1880 in Fulton Co., Pennsylvania. He was buried on 7 November 1880 in Tonoloway Baptist Church Cemetery in Thompson Twp., Bedford Co., (now Fulton Co.,) Pennsylvania.
The known children of Elizabeth Hess and John Morgret were as follows:
102. a. RHODA MORGRET was born on 13 December 1833 in Bedford Co., Pennsylvania.
103. b. CATHERINE MORGRET was born on 16 May 1836 in Bedford Co., Pennsylvania. She died in 1915 in Bedford Co., Pennsylvania.
104. c. ABRAHAM MORGRET was born on 28 October 1838 in Bedford Co., (now Fulton Co.,) Pennsylvania.
105. d. ABNER MORGRET was born on 23 June 1841 in Bedford Co., Pennsylvania. He died in 1930 in Bedford Co., Pennsylvania. He was first married to Ann Runyan who was born 1845 and died 1887. After the death of Ann he then married Sarah Barnhart, widow of Elder Joseph Correll. Abner, Ann and Sarah were all members of the Sideling Hill Baptist Church in Fulton Co., Pennsylvania.
106. e. ELIZABETH MORGRET was born on 12 December 1847 in Bedford Co., PA.
107. f. BENJAMIN MORGRET was born on 9 July 1849 in Bedford Co., PA.
108 g. ASA MORGERT was born on 10 April 1852 in Fulton Co., PA.
109. h. SUSANNAH MORGRET was born on 9 June 1851 in Fulton Co., PA.
110. i. WILLIAM MORGRET was born on 15 May 1855 in Fulton Co., PA.
40. John MORGRET (Margaret FISHER , John ) was born 26 Jun 1795 in Bedford Co, PA. He died 3 Nov 1880.
John married (1) Catherine SMITH. Catherine was born 21 Aug 1794. She died 27 Jan 1833 in Bedford Co, PA.
They had the following children:102 M i Bartley M. MORGRET was born 9 Mar 1819 in Bedford Co, PA. He died 13 Nov 1886 in Fulton Co, PA.[Notes] Bartley married Susanna B. MYERS. Susanna was born 6 May 1826 in PA. She died 19 Sep 1907 in Fulton Co, PA.[Notes] 103 F ii Rebecca MORGRET was born 21 Dec 1821 in Bedford Co, PA. She died 1902.[Notes] Rebecca married John YOUNKER. John was born 1820 in PA. He died 1867.[Notes] 104 M iii Henry MORGRET was born 22 Oct 1823 in Bedford Co, PA. He died 21 Oct 1879.[Notes] Henry married Esther YOUNKER. Esther was born 11 Feb 1826 in PA. She died 28 Jun 1900.[Notes] 105 M iv Jacob MORGRET was born 17 Oct 1825 in Bedford Co, PA. He died 1881.[Notes] Jacob married Dorothy. Dorothy was born about 1831 in PA.[Notes] 106 F v Matilda MORGRET was born 7 Mar 1827 in Bedford Co, PA. She died 1892.[Notes] Matilda married Jacob PLESSINGER. Jacob was born 1822 in PA. He died 1915.[Notes] 107 M vi Elijah MORGRET was born 16 Jan 1829 in Bedford Co, PA. He died 1900/1910.[Notes] Elijah married Elizabeth PLESSINGER on 2 Oct 1853. Elizabeth was born 11 Aug 1830 in PA. She died 1920.[Notes] 108 M vii Herbert MORGRET was born 29 Dec 1830 in Bedford Co, PA. He died 2 May 1908.[Notes] Herbert married Elizabeth DANIELS. Elizabeth was born 30 Apr 1832 in PA. She died 1 Jun 1917.[Notes] 109 M viii John S. MORGRET was born 13 Feb 1833 in Bedford Co, PA. He died 2 Jul 1912 in Christian Co, IL.[Notes] John married Ellen MORGRET, daughter of Peter MORGRET and Esther, about 1859. Ellen was born 13 Jun 1842 in Bedford Co, PA. She died 22 Feb 1901 in Christian Co, IL.[Notes]
John also married (2) Elizabeth M. HESS. Elizabeth was born 1809 in PA. She died 12 Mar 1884.
They had the following children:110 F ix Rhoda MORGRET was born 13 Dec 1833 in Bedford Co, PA. She died 6 Jun 1846 in Bedford Co, PA. 111 F x Catherine MORGRET was born 16 May 1836 in Bedford Co, PA. She died 3 Sep 1915.[Notes] Catherine married William DECKER. William was born about 1828 in PA.[Notes] 112 M xi Abraham MORGRET was born 21 Oct 1838 in Bedford Co, PA. He died 5 Mar 1926 in Christian Co, IL.[Notes] Abraham married Elizabeth RANDALL on 25 Oct 1863 in Christian Co, IL. Elizabeth was born 12 Aug 1843 in IL. She died 3 Mar 1919.[Notes] 113 M xii Abner MORGRET was born 23 Jun 1841 in Bedford Co, PA. He died 21 Oct 1930 in Berkeley Springs, WV.[Notes] Abner married (1) Anna F. RUNYON. Anna was born 11 Jun 1845 in Bedford Co, PA. She died 13 Aug 1887.[Notes] Abner also married (2) Sarah N. BERNHARD about 1888. Sarah was born 19 Dec 1861 in PA. She died 8 Nov 1929 in Berkeley Springs, WV.[Notes] 114 F xiii Elizabeth MORGRET was born 12 Dec 1847 in Bedford Co, PA.[Notes] Elizabeth married -- BARNHART. 115 M xiv Benjamin MORGRET was born 9 Jul 1849 in Bedford Co, PA.[Notes] 116 M xv Asa MORGRET was born 10 Apr 1852 in Fulton Co, PA.[Notes] 117 M xvi William MORGRET was born 10 Apr 1856 in Fulton Co, PA. He died 15 Sep 1908.[Notes] William married Susan HOLLY about 1876. Susan was born Nov 1855 in PA.[Notes]
Descendants of William Hess 
Descendants of John FISHER (ca 173?-1795) Third Generation Researched and complied by John Schunk, email@example.com 
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of John's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Gerald Smith and Nikki Byer. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On April 24, 2015 at 14:04GMT Gerald Smith wrote: