There are two distinct Hugh de Morvilles that tend to get combined into one. Hugh de Morville, who died in 1204, was one of the murderers of St. Thomas of Canterbury. He was most probably the son of Simon de Morville, who held the barony of Burgh-by-Sands, Cumberland, in right of his mother, Ada, daughter of William de Engaine. This Hugh married Helewise de Stuteville. He should be distinguished from Hugh de Morville (d. 1162) father of Richard de Morville (d. 1189), who married Beatrice de Beauchamp.
- WikiTree profile DeMorville-2 created through the import of WILLIAMS 2011.GED on Jun 22, 2011 by Ted Williams. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Ted and others.
- Source: S004444 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Note: #NS044441 Repository: Note: #NS044443
No NOTE record found with id NS044441.
- Note NS044443
- NAME Ancestry.com
- ADDR http://www.Ancestry.com
- WikiTree profile Morville-6 created through the import of WILLIAMS 2011.GED on Jun 22, 2011 by Ted Williams. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Ted and others.
- WikiTree profile De MORVILLE-32 created through the import of Durrell Family Tree.ged on Jul 4, 2011 by Pamela Durrell.
This person was created through the import of Acrossthepond.ged on 21 February 2011.
- Sherri Harder, firsthand knowledge.
- WikiTree profile De Moreville-7 created through the import of wikitree.ged on Aug 1, 2011 by Abby Brown.
- WikiTree profile Moreville-2 created through the import of heinakuu2011-6.ged on Jul 5, 2011 by Johanna Amnelin.
- Note NI5077!SOURCES: 1. Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 101 (GS #940 D2t)
- 2. Baker's Northmp vol 1 p. 544 (GS #Q942.55 H2ba)
- 3. Dict. of Nat'l Biog. vol 39 p. 169 (GS #Ref 920.042 D561n)
- 4. Wurts' Magna Charta vol 3 p. 490 (GS #942 D22w)
- 5. The Battle Abbey Roll vol 2 p. 243-44 (GS #942 D2bb)
- 6. Notes & Queries vol 2 p. 466 (GS #942 B2n)
- 7. Peerage of Sctl vol 1 p. 613 (GS #Q941 D22d)
- WikiTree profile De Morville-38 created through the import of Main Tree_2011-07-30_2011-08-30.ged on Aug 30, 2011 by Sharryn Hopgood.
Hugh was born in 1105. Hugh deMorville ... He passed away in 1162. 
Can you add any information on Hugh deMorville? Please help grow his WikiTree profile. Everything you see here is a collaborative work-in-progress.
- ↑ Entered by Michael Yeats, Wednesday, October 30, 2013.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Hugh's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Abby Glann, Living Harder, Ted Williams, and Michael Yeats. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On May 9, 2014 Robert Keniston wrote: