- Robert (Neufbourg) de Neufbourg's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Orderic names Roger and Robert de Novoburgo (Neufbourg, Newburg) as the children of Henry and his wife.
He succeeded to his father's lands in Normandy and held Neubourg from the Comte de Meulan (his brother Roger).
Dugdale tells us of a charter of Robert's brother Roger, Earl of Warwick, concerning property donated to the College of St Mary in Warwick, and that it was witnessed by Robert de Novoburgo, Rogers wife Gundred, Henri and Geoffrey, their brothers, and also by Thurstan de Montfort.
The marriage settlement by Roger, Earl of Warwick, for Agnes, his daughter and Geoffrey de Clinton (formally de Tancarville), the chamberlain, was witnessed by Robert and Henry, Roger's brothers, as well as the brothers William, Maurice and Hugh de Clinton. (Round calls it "A Great Marriage Settlement").
- Orderic Vitalis (Prévost), Vol. III, Liber VIII, XXV, p. 428.
- Dugdale Monasticon VI.3, College of St Mary, Warwick III, p. 1326.
- Round, J. H. ‘A Great Marriage Settlement’, Barron, O. (ed.) (Oct 1904) The Ancestor, Vol. XI (London), p. 153.
- Encyclopædia Britannica, 1961 ed., Vol. 23, p. 375 - EARLS OF WARWICK
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Robert's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.