- 1st Baron Latymer (Latimer), KNT.
- George Neville, 1st (?) Lord (Baron) Latimer/Latymer, so created 25 Feb 1431/2, PC (1439), JP (Cumberland 1437); knighted 1426, succeeded 1430 to his paternal half-uncle John Neville 6th Lord (Baron) Latimer (of Corby)'s estates; married c Feb 1436/7, as her 1st husband, Lady Elizabeth Beauchamp (b. c 1417; married 2nd, as his 2nd wife Thomas Wake and died by 2 Oct 1480), dau. 13th Earl of Warwick, and died 30 or 31 Dec 1469. [Burke's Peerage, p. 17]
- George Neville, 1st Lord (Baron) Latymer, created by writ of summons 25 Feb 1431/2 PC (1439); knighted 1426; went mad by 11 June 1451, but only intermittent so he went on being called to Parliament for another 18 years; thought to support Lancastrian party; married Feb 1436/7 Elizabeth (d. by 2 Oct 1480), dau. and coheir of Richard Beauchamp, Earl of Warwick. [Burke's Peerage, p. 1640]
Note on His Wife and her Parents
Isabel DeSpenser, married two men named Richard de Beauchamp, who were first cousins.
- Richard, 2nd Lord Abergavenny, Earl of Worcester (d. 1422), they had one child:
- Richard, the Earl of Warwick (d. 1439), m. first Elizabeth Berkley and had Elizabeth (3rd daughter) — she married George Neville.
Isabel DeSpenser and Richard of Warwick were the parents of:
- ↑ Pedigree Resource File CD 49. Salt Lake City: Intellectual Reserve, Inc. 2002. FAMILY 6162011.GED (Jun 20, 2011). Michael Stephenson.
- ↑ Ancestral File (TM). LDS June 1998. Repo: R1. FAMILY 6162011.GED Jun 20, 2011 Michael Stephenson.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 hofundssonAnces.ged Repo: R1. FAMILY 6162011.GED Jun 20, 2011, Michael Stephenson.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Lindsay Coleman. Heritage Consulting. The Millennium File. Salt Lake City, UT, USA: Repository: R-1864321417 Ancestry.com
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 WILLIAMS 2011.GED on Jun 22, 2011 by Ted Williams.link 1; link 2; link 3
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 User ID: 81186CB8E36547548D78935F8FB7B57C0EB1. Acrossthepond.ged on 21 Feb 2011.
- ↑ WFT Vol. 4 Tree # 2684 dtd 23 Apr 1995
- ↑ Ancestry Family Trees. User ID: 38CBBC5C73204990A7F82CA6F52B319DE6A1. Ancestry Wiki.ged (14 Mar 2011).
- ↑ Consolidated Coningsby.GED (11 Mar 2011).
- ↑ Title A Genealogical and Heraldic Dictionary of the Peerage and Baronetage of the British Empire. Publisher Henry Colburn, 1839, retrieved 2014-06-15, amb
- ↑ A general and heraldic dictionary of the peerages of England, Ireland, and Scotland. By John Burke, p. 34, published 1831.
- ↑ Burke, p. 387, published 1831
- ↑ Burke's Peerage & Baronetage, 106th Ed, Charles Mosley Ed. 1999. Page: 17, 1640. Lupton file.ged on Jul 8, 2011. Kim Ostermyer. Ancestral File Number: 8XHS-R1. User ID: F658F94D31CC40A2AE9515B92B2383A6FBB0
- S150. Greg Vaut. Ancestors of Alexandra Catlin Vaut. v. 26 Nov 2004. Accessed Nov 28, 2005. Lupton file.ged (Jul 8, 2011). Kim Ostermyer. Ancestral File: 8XHS-R1. User ID: F658F94D31CC40A2AE9515B92B2383A6FBB0
- S260. Burke's Peerage & Baronetage, 106th Ed, Charles Mosley Ed, 1999. Page: 17, 1640. Lupton file.ged (Jul 8, 2011). Kim Ostermyer. Ancestral File: 8XHS-R1. User ID: F658F94D31CC40A2AE9515B92B2383A6FBB0
- S648. Eileen McKinnon-Suggs (firstname.lastname@example.org). Our Kingdom Come v. Oct 10, 2004. Accessed Dec 2, 2005. Lupton file.ged (Jul 8, 2011). Kim Ostermyer. Ancestral File: 8XHS-R1. User ID: F658F94D31CC40A2AE9515B92B2383A6FBB0.
- Stough Family Tree.ged Nov 1, 2011. Lindsay Coleman. Ancestry.com links from Lindsay Coleman:
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with George by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA test-takers in his direct paternal line. Mitochondrial DNA test-takers in the direct maternal line:
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Mindy Pitts and Kim Ostermyer. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On June 14, 2014 Michelle Brooks wrote:
Unless someone objects - I will connect him to the correct spouse and remove the marriage to Elizabeth of Worcester.
On June 14, 2014 Michelle Brooks wrote:
If no one objects - I will connect him to the correct spouse.