This person was part of the Puritan Great Migration.
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Puritan Great Migration Project!
Migration-1: 1632, London to Boston on the Lyon Migration-2: 1634, to Hartford, Hartford Co., CT Military: 1675, King Philip's War, Capt. of Dragoons, Hartford, CT
f/o Sarah OLMSTEAD GATES h/o Mary ----- LORD Nicholas OLMSTEAD was Captain of the Dragoons raised in Hartford, Hartford Co, CT for active service in King Philip's War, 1675. Parents: James Olmstead (1580 - 1640)Joyce Cornish Olmstead (____ - 1621)
Spouse: Sarah Loomis Olmstead (1617 - 1689)* Children: Joseph Olmsted (____ - 1726)*Elizabeth Olmstead Butler (1642 - 1681)* Samuel Olmsted (1653 - 1726)*
Created by: Carol STEVENS Record added: Apr 09, 2009 Find A Grave Memorial# 35680049
- The Great Migration Begins Immigrants to New England 1620-1633
- New England Marriages Prior to 1700
- Dawes-Gates Ancestral Lines Vol. II
- Genealogy of the Olmstead Family in America
- James Savage Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England
- Families of Early Hartford, Connecticut
- Colonial Families of United States
- Descendants of Joseph Loomis
- U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications,1889-1970 Original data - Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970. Louisville, Kentucky: National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution. Microfilm, 508 rolls.
This biography was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import. It's a rough draft and needs to be edited.
- 15 FEB 1611/12
- Fairsted, Essex Co, England
Imported only 15 FEB 1611 from Birth Date and marked as uncertain.
- Captain of Dragoons raised for King Philip's War
Thank you to Nova Weller for creating WikiTree profile Olmsted-172 through the import of smith_eugene.GED on Apr 15, 2013.
Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by Nova and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Nicholas's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Brian McCullough, Nova Weller, and Elise Michelle Roberts. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.