Date of birth of 1665 is approximate, calculated from date of marriage of 1690, from age of son Benjamin William married Jane Washburn (daughter of John Washburn and Elizabeth Mitchell) between 28 Jul 1690 and 10 Sep 1694. They had children:
- Joanna - about 1698
- Elizabeth - about 1699
William married, a second time, Hannah Smith, on 21 Sep 1698 in Bridgewater, Plymouth county, Province of Massachusetts Bay. They had children:
- Jane - about 1705
- Deliverance - about 1707
- Martha - about 1712
- Caleb - about 1716
- Moses - about 1717
- William Orcutt
- Wife: Jane Washburn
- aft 28 Jul 1690 V.R.Hingham, Plymouth, Massachusetts
Ancestral File Number
- First Cemetery, Bridgewater, Plymouth County, Massachusetts, USA Plot: Section B, grave 229
- Inscription: HERE LIES THE BODY OF MR WILLIAM ORCUT WHO DIED APRIL 10th 1739 IN THE 75 YEAR OF HIS AGE
- Chamberlain, George Walter. Genealogies of the Early Families of Weymouth, Norfolk, Massachusetts, M.S. Publication: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. Baltimore: Reprint, 1984
- Mitchell, Nahum. History of Bridgewater (pub. 1840, 1897, 1970, 1975) Page 249
- Latham, Williams. Epitaphs in Old Bridgewater Massachusetts (1882)
- Lane Genealogies
- Pedigree Chart for Lt. Solomon Washburn: http://pierre.polymer.uakron.edu/pedigrees/ped117.html.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with William by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share significant DNA with William:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Alyson X, Becky Syphers, Darin Neves, and Jenn Presutto. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.