This person was created through the import of Shortened files.ged on 30 December 2010. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- Date: 6 Feb 1745/6
- Place: Baltimore, Baltimore Co MD
Imported only 6 Feb 1745 from Birth Date and marked as uncertain.
- Note: @N8588@
- @N8588@ NOTE
- Edward went back to England, married there, and was not in his father's will. Joan's brother was Samuel Drew, a famous Cornish metaphysician. Edward died in the West Indies from a wound. One son was killed in action with a French Privateer; one son drowned near Falmouth. A grandson died of yellow fever in the West Indies.
- EDWARD OURSLER (EDWARD, EDWARD OSTLER, THOMAS, THOMAS, RICHARD OUSLEY, SIR JOHN, RICHARD, SIR THOMAS, THE HOUSE OF OSLER) was born 6 Feb 1745/46. He married JOAN/JanE DREW.
- Notes for EDWARD OURSLER:
- Edward went back to England, married there, and was not in his father's will. Joans brother was Samuel Drew, a famous Cornish metaphysician. Edward died in the West Indies from a wound. One son was killed in action with a French Privateer; one son drowned near Falmouth. A grandson died of yellow fever in the West Indies.
- Edward (2) Oser -This son returned to England. He married Joan/Jane Drew and fathered and grandfathered several illustrious Oslers, among them Sir William Osler the renouned physician, an English Navy surgeon, brilliant lawyers and judges, two missionaries to Canada, and Benjamin Osler, who led settlers to South Africa, ,and whose descendents settled In the Unlted States, England, Australla and New Zealand. Edward (2) died in the West Indies from effects of a wound. The Oslers were known for their strongly developed family trait of being hard-headed men of business and venturesome merchants, traveling fearlessly to many parts of the world.
- Children of EDWARD OURSLER and Joan/Jane DREW are:
- JOHN OURSLER, b. October 11, 1765. No children
- EDWARD OSLER, b. June 26, 1768.
- JANE OURSLER, b. June 30, 1771.
- RICHARD OURSLER, b. June 9, 1773.
- BENJAMIN OURSLER, b. March 29, 1775.
- SAMUEL OURSLER, b. July 5, 1776.
- User ID: 622C26A4A68342DF829A6A71A5CAF8676730
- Data Changed:
- Date: 21 AUG 2010
Prior to import, this record was last changed 21 AUG 2010.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Edward's ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.