- Profile (public view)
- Family Tree
- Profile (private view)
I was born at an early age in the time between Japan's surrender in World War II and the signing of the surrender documents, an idea conceived Thanksgiving 1944. I have had a lucky, if uninteresting, life. I did not fulfill my own dreams: no Nobel Prize, no Ph.D. I have not dared enough.
- First-hand information. Entered by James Owens at registration. There are also a large number of jpg and pdf files for the members of my family tree that have been made from records on microfilm at the Mormon Family History Library and at the US Archives. I wish there were an easy way to download these, like downloading the GedCom file for the tree.
This family tree is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
- Occupation: Biochemist, retired from NIH
- Education: B.S. College Of The Holy Cross, 1967; M.S. Purdue University, 1971
- Religion: Roman Catholic
- Note: #N74
- User ID: 37A9542F0B20473B875BACBE6E3899EF8A03
- Data Changed:
- Date: 23 AUG 2004
Prior to import, this record was last changed 23 AUG 2004.
- WikiTree profile Owens-1511 created through the import of Raimondi-Owens Oct 2012.ged on Oct 24, 2012 by Jim Owens. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Jim and others.
- Note N74
- The I and me in the notes of all people in this family file.
- Harmless mostly.
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- James's formal name
- full middle name
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- siblings' names
- spouse's name
- childrens' names
- James Owens
- James Owens
- James Theodore Owens
- James Dennis Owens
- James Owens
- James Allen Owens
- James F. Owens
- James Henry Owens
- James L. Owens
- James, Jr. Owens
- James K. Owens
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
James Owens's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with James or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. Mitochondrial DNA test-takers in the direct maternal line:
- James Owens - Family Tree DNA mtDNA
- James Owens - AncestryDNA
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to James. (Best for comments to James that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages to or about James that can be public. Limit 10 per day.)
On December 17, 2013 Nancy Elder wrote:
The Dorsey Family, by Dorsey, Maxwell J. and others 1947 Baltimore, Maryland, Reprinted in 2006 by Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (With ELDER names in Maryland)
Dorsey book full text in Google Books http://tinyurl.com/2a4ng69
---Nancy Elder Petersen Host, ELDER DNA project http://www.familytreedna.com/public/Elder
On October 23, 2012 Erin Breen wrote:
On October 22, 2012 James Owens wrote:
My mother's family is from Sicily with a hint that it can be traced back to about 1400 in Sicily.
My father's family has many lines that go back to colonial times in Virginia and Maryland.
On October 11, 2012 Maggie N. wrote:
On October 10, 2012 Maggie N. wrote:
- someone may be able to point you in the right direction.
On October 8, 2012 Maggie N. wrote:
If you'd like to contribute your family's tree, post a comment, and we would be glad to confirm your intention to be a part of the WikiTree Community if you read the honor code Honor Code.
On October 5, 2012 Maggie N. wrote:
Welcome to WikiTree!