- Robert Palmer's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Marriage BET. 1515 - 1518 Angmering, Sussex, England probably
1. Robert was granted Parham by Henry VIII, 1540 however, Parham as such, was not built until after 1577 by his son Thomas! Because of this, no children are shown herein born in Parham until after 1577.
2. Only the Palmer Pedigree records his marriage to the widow Blanche Reynolds and all his children from her.
The Palmer Pedigree disagrees with many other records for Robert's children but the Palmer Pedigree is more credible.
Because the Palmer Pedigree records his son Thomas born ca 1520, and because some other records show a Thomas born 1618-1619, we believe the historically important Thomas (he began construction of Parham) is the son of widow Reynolds and leaves all children recorded herein from her. Also, the birth dates for the wives of Robert's sons provide credence to later birth dates for his children.
Robert's first wife, Bridget or Beatrix, may have had children born between 1498 and 1510 with some or all the same names recorded herein.
Angmering, Sussex, is 6 miles south of Parham. The builder of Parham, Sir Thomas Palmer, was the son of Robert Palmer, rich mercer of London, who died in 1544. [Victoria County History of Sussex]
History of Parliament ("Sir Thomas Palmer of Parham MP") says that he was the 1st son of Robert Palmer by his 1st wife, Bridget (or Beatrice), daughter and coheir of John West (or Wesse) of Millington, Yorkshire. Canning-229 16:30, 4 February 2015 (EST)
- Matthew Ray Roller. Roller Family Records. Publication: 1998 http://oasis.slcc.edu/search/roller/roller.htm
- Palmer Pedigree, The Family of. Palmer Family Genealogy, Parham House, Parham, Somerset, England, Publication: 1947. Photocopied at Parham House, July, 1997 by Carolyn Goates, email@example.com, Media Type: Manuscript
- Roger Manning, RELIGION AND SOCIETY IN ELIZABETHAN SUSSEX (1969)
- This person was created through the import of 104-B.ged on 12 September 2010.
- WikiTree profile Palmer-1385 created through the import of Lent_Vise_2011-05-11aa.ged on May 26, 2011 by Bryan Sypniewski. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Bryan and others.
- Tom Kelly.
- Janice Hardin
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Robert's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On July 22, 2013 at 05:21GMT Carolyn Goates wrote: