- Moses Parker's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This person was created through the import of Parker 9.ged on 23 January 2011.
- Revolutionary War Soldier. Name: Moses Col PARKER Location: Bunker Hill W V 47 Reference: Abstract of Graves of Revolutionary Patriots, Vol. 3.
- Census: 1790 Cheraws Dist. South Carolina: 134
- Census: 1800 Marlboro Co. South Carolina
- Census: 1810 Charleston Co. South Carolina
- Census: 1820 Marlboro Co. South Carolina
- Census: 1830 Marlboro Co. South Carolina
- 1. Lewis PARKER b: 20 OCT 1805 in Blenheim, Marlboro Co
- Moses in Marlboro County: 430101/21020
- Marlboro County:
- The Estate of Moses Parker, November, 1830. We received 14 pages from this estate; most of the documents are signed by the widow, Nancy Parker, her brother Jesse Bethea, and her son Lewis Parker. The most interesting document reads as follows: State of South Carolina, Marlborough District. The petition of Jesse Bethea and Lewis Parker of said District, administrators of the Estate of Moses Parker, late of Marlborough District, deceased, sheweth that the Estate consists of very considerable of perishable property, and is now in a very unsettled state, and there is a considerable number of children, both of the first, and second wife, and some minors, and altho the intestate died but little in debt, considering all the circumstances together; in order to be enabled to settle the business of the Estate, to ascertain the value of the personal property, and to make a just distribution according to law amongst the heirs and representatives, your petitioners conceive it to be requisit that the whole of the personal property be sold at public sale to the highest bidder, on such credit as may be most to the advantage of both widow, heirs, and representatives of the deceased. We desir you would take the above stated circumstances under consideration and grant an order of the sale of the whole, December 3rd, 1830, Jesse Bethea, Lewis Parker, adm?s.
- Although it would be normal to consider Lewis the eldest son, probably by the unnamed first wife, he is specifically stated by Nancy Parker to be her son. It is possible that stepson was meant.
- Moses is listed by the DAR: ?(26 Aug 1744-12 Nov 1830), m (2) Nancy Thomas, soldier in a SC unit.? If this data is correct, Moses had minor children when he died at the age of 86, and either Jesse Bethea was a half-brother or brother-in-law of Nancy, or she was previously married.
- Moses? census record is as follows:
- 1790, Cheraws Dist., either 1/2/2 or 1/3/4, since there were two Moseses listed (see DAR record above).
- 1800, Marlboro Dist., p. 59, 12001/20201/11
- 1810, Marlboro Co, p 91, data needed.
- 1820, given above.
- 1830, Marlboro Co, p 48, 00412?/0112001?/13
- George p 49 00001/0001/2
- James p 47 1000001/000001/8
- Lair p 47 00101001/0112001/2
- (next door to James)
- Martha p 57 Marlboro District
- Tristram p 55 Marlboro District
- 1840, Marlboro Co,
- Andrew p 199 11001/3130001/5
- (next door to Isaiah)
- Ann p 210 00111/001100001/6
- (next door to Emerd)
- Emerd p 210 10001/00001/4
- G. Hugh p 195 100001/011011/10
- Isaiah p 199 000000001/01/9
- James p 197 000000001/0100001/3
- Lewis p 210 020011/100001/7
- (two doors from Emerd)
- Patsey p 207 11/11001001/6
- It appears likely that Moses? sons stayed in the Marlborough Co area until after the time I am looking for; also that as they had large numbers of slaves, this was probably a family which stayed in one place; it was poorer folks who usually moved on. Slave owners would not have gone to Indiana.
- Sara Parker, died about 1834
- Anna Parker
- Ester Parker
- John Parker
- Judea "Judy" Parker
- "Kitty" Parker
- Mary Parker
- Moses Parker Jr.
- Elizabeth Frances Parker (my line) born abt1761 and married Joshua Ammons
- Jesse Parker
- Tristram Parker
- Moses Parker and Nancy Ann Thomas or Mary
- (The NSDAR Patriot Index on line shows Nancy Thomas as spouse and (x)unknown for second spouse.)
- The Parker Gen Chart from Old Fort Parker shows Mary, their children:
- Arena Parker, married Thomas Nelson Gibson
- Emmon Parker married Sara Ann McPherson
- Harris Parker
- Nancy Parker married Joshua Fletcher. He was born 25 Jun 1796.
- Wright Parker
- Lewis Parker m. Elizabeth Pipkin abt 1833, she was b. 3 Oct1809
- Daniel Parker m Sarah Bundy 24 Dec 1848, she was b. 22 Mar 1816.
- Phillip J. Parker
- Elizabeth Parker married Benargy Pate
- William Parker
- Amanda "Mandy" Parker b abt 1821 d. 1905/1908, married John Owen David abt 1837 in SC, he was born abt 1817.
- Have just begun research on this family, but there is a piece in A HISTORY OF MARLBORO COUNTY by Rev. J.A.W. Thomas pages 87-91 on this family, and one statement referring to Moses: "he was twice married, his second wife being Miss Thomas" also "one of his daughters by the first marriage became the wife of that staunch old Whig, the celebrated Joshua Ammons, a man of great firmness of character and solid worth." This is the only part of the information above that I have documented so far, other than to find Joshua Ammons, Rev War Pvt. married Frances Parker on the NSDAR Patriot Index.
- Marlboro Co., SC, Wills, Book A
- We, Charles Manship, Isaac Pipkin, Joshua Fletcher, Commissioners Appointed by the Court of Equity for Cheraw District to divide the lands of Moses Parker, deceased, between Nancy Parker, widow of the deceased and Sarah Slay, Wife of Thomas Slay, Esther Leggett, Mary Adams, wife of Richard Adams, John Parker, Judea Newton, wife of Younger Newton, Sr, Anna James, wife of William James, Kiddy Waters, wife of James Waters, Lewis Parker, Daniel Parker, Nancy Parker, Philip Parker, Elizabeth Parker, Emen Parker, William Parker, Wright Parker, Harris Parker, Amanda Parker, each a share after the widow?s, and to Kiddy Graham, wife of Windsor Graham, daughter of Elizabeth Adams, a half share --have been upon the said lands with a surveyor - and find it to contain to resurvey 4234 acres in the whold part in Marlborough district and a part in Richmond County, North Carolina and valued the whole at $6184.50. And having the joint concurrence of John Graham, George Wright, and Nathaniel Gibson, Commisssioners appointed by the County Court of Richmond aforesaid for the purpose aforesaid we have divided the said lands in the following manner (Viz.). We assign to Nancy Parker, the widow, 1390 acres in Plat A No 1 for her third part. We assign to Amanda Parker 131 acres in the same Plat marker No 2 and to Harris Parker 122 acres marked No 3
- and to Wright Parker 131 acres marked No 4 and to William Parker 122 acres marked No 5 and to Arena Parker 126 acres marked No 6 and to Nancy Parker 133 acres marked No 7, all in the same Plat, we assign to Emen Parker 115 acres in Plat B marked No 1, we assign to Judea Newton, the wife of Younger Newton, 122 acres marked No 2 in the same Plat. We assign to
- Elizabeth Parker the whole of Plat C being by estimation 97 acres. We to Kiddy Walters [Waters] 175 acres on Redy Creek it being part of Plat D marked No 1 Sally Slay 281 acres marked No 2 in same Plat, we assign to Mary Adams 262 acres No 3 in the same plat. We assign to John Parker and Lewis Parker each fifty --- on Cat Fish Bay containing 276 acres and to Kiddy Graham one fifth part of the same tract represented by Plat E in Marion --- District divided by them or their legal agents at pleasure also that by and with our consent the Commisisioners aforesaid appointed by Richmond Court have assigned a tract of land 749 acres in Richmond County aforesaid to Anna James, Esther Leggett, Daniel Parker, and Philip Parker to be divided or sold by them or their legal agents a Plat of which in hereunto annexed marked F all of which will clearly appear by to the aforesaid six Plats hereunto annexed. Certified by Nathan Thomas, Deputy Suryeyor of Marlborough District witness our hands and seal this 11th of December 1834 and 59 years of American Independence.
- Charles Manship
- Isaac Pipkin
- Joshua Fletcher
- Done by me Lewis Parker
- This copy of the original return made by the Commissioners appointed by the Court of Equity
- Galileo: This is an undated petition signed by many settlers concerned with the well-being of the frontier inhabitants near Moses Parker's place, twelve miles above Fort Twiggs on the Oconee River in Georgia. They suggest that the cover and crossing afforded in this area of the river would provide ample protection to spies and "prevent the savages from any advantages in attacking the said fort."
- repository: Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries
- collection: Telamon Cuyler
- We the Subscribers being desirous of promoting the Intrust [Interest] of the Frontier Inhabitants adjasent [adjacent] to Moses Parkers, being Twelve Miles above Fort TwigsOn the Bank of the Oconee, [deleted: at] at a noted Shoal & Crossing place a Beatifa[added: ll] [Beautiful] place to cover there [their] spies crossing the [added: River] and to prevent the Savages from any advantages in attacking the said fort, it being in the Center of a Frontier Company and the wish of the neighbors Genranly [Generally] and your petitioners shall ever pray &
- [Signed] G.W. Foster J.P.
- [Signed] E. Lyman J.P.
- [Signed] Jno. [John] Blair
- [Signed] John Armor Capt
- [Signed] And [Andrew] Armor
- [Signed] Wm. [William] Hill
- [Signed] [unclear: Jos] Fitzpatrick
- [Signed] R: McAlpin J.P.
- [Signed] James [unclear: Armor]
- [Signed] Jno [John] Harrison
- [Signed] Peyton T. Smith
- [Signed] John [unclear: Mcmichael]
- [Signed] Wm [William] Scott
- [Signed] Little [unclear: Berry] Jenkins
- [Signed] Lewis Jenkins
- [Signed] Jno [John] Wallace
- [Signed] Geo. [George] Phillips
- [Signed] Rene Fitzpatrick
- [Signed] Jos. Patrick
- [Signed] [unclear: Thos] Owen
- [Signed] Jno [John] McAlister
- [Signed] Dan. [Daniel] Young
- [Signed] John Jenkins
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Moses by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Moses:
- James Cotter - Family Tree DNA Family Finder
GEDMatch ID 4785513
Family Tree DNA kit 21447
- Bruce Orrin Hall - Family Tree DNA Family Finder
Family Tree DNA kit B7826
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Moses is 17 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 19 degrees from Frank Russell Capra, 20 degrees from Mark Hamill, 21 degrees from AJ Jacobs and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.