- Turner Southall Parker's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This person was created through the import of Parker 9.ged on 23 January 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- Note: @N550@
- @N550@ NOTE
- The last will and testament of Edward Parker lists five sons, however, the old Turner S. Parker Bible now in the possession of Armond Daniel of Davie Co NC tells us that Edward Parker was the father of six sons. A section of the Bible devoted to the history of the Turner S. Parker family reveals that Turner Southall Parker was the sixth son of Edward and Susan Parker and that he was born in Halifax County, Virginia on the 27th day of June in the year of 1791 and that he married Betsey Daniel (born on the 15th day of February of the year of 1802, the daughter of John and Nancy Daniel of Rowan County, North Carolina).
- The beautiful old Bible purchased from Hunt and Hargrave Company of Lexington, North Carolina in the year of 1829 give the children of Turner Southall Parker and Betsey Elizabeth Parker as Edward Newton Parker born on the 4th day of August in the year of 1820, Daniel Sneed Parker on the 22nd day of October in the year of 1822, Goshen Parker born on the 24th day of December in 1823, Susan Maria Parker born on the 25th day of May l825, Doctor Martin Parker born on the 24th day of March in 1827, John Randolph Parker born on the 16th day of March in 1829, Bushrod Washington Parker born on the 14th day of May in 1831. Lawrence Franklin Parker horn May 29th, 1333, and Rebecca Parker born February 7th in the year of 1836.
- The writer does not attempt to give the family history of all the children of Turner Southall Parker and wife Betsey Elizabeth Daniel Parker but will mention only one of their children, Rebecca Parker.
- Rebecca Parker fell in love with a young schoolteacher who was teaching school in the Liberty Methodist Church Community Davie County, North Carolina by the name of Absalom Turner Grant, and a native of Yadkin County, North Carolina. After a brief engagement the marriage took place on the 11th day of November 1860. The marriage how ever was interrupted in 1862,when young Grant enlisted in Company "A" of the 57th Regiment of the North Carolina Troops under General Stonewall Jackson.
- After the War between the States Absalom Turner Grant returned to the teaching profession and some years later was elected Clerk of Superior Court in Davie County, North Carolina a position that he held for 40 years.
- The children born to Absalom Turner Grant and Rebecca Parker Grant were: Lelia Elizabeth, Annie Parker, Ada, Sarah, Robinson, and Absalom Turner Grant, Jr.
- Armand T. Daniel of Davie Co NC is now the owner of the original Parker plantation on Bear Creek. Mr. Daniel, a descendant of Edward Parker, at considerable expense has rebuilt the old Parker Mansion. It is one of the most beautiful houses in Piedmont North Carolina
- User ID: 060944EFED6649D8B11EB6680DD973545051
- Data Changed:
- Date: 29 OCT 2004
Prior to import, this record was last changed 29 OCT 2004.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Turner Southall's ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.