This person was part of the Puritan Great Migration.
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Puritan Great Migration Project!
The Rev. Ralph Partridge was the first minister of the church at Duxbury, Massachusetts. He served there until he died.
- Name: Rev Ralph Partridge
- Birth: 12 Apr 1579, at Sutton, Kent, England
- Marriage: 14 Jan 1608, in Kent, England
- Arrival: 1636, New England
- Death: about April 1658, at Duxbury, Plymouth, Massachusetts (between 25 Mar 1658 and 4 May 4 1658).
- The commonly cited alternate death date of 29 Sep 1655 has probably been calculated based on the date of his will, with 9 days added to correct for old-style dating.
- From the History of Duxbury, p. 173:
- 1658. The church suffered a sad bereavement in the death of their beloved pastor, which occurred in the present year. And here it seems best to follow, the words of Secretary Morton, who, in recording his death in his Memorial, thus mentions him: "Mr. Ralph Partridge died in a good old Age, having for the space of fourty years dispensed the Word of God with very little impediment by sickness."'
- ↑ These dates are based on information from the History of Duxbury, p. 173: "1658. The church suffered a sad bereavement in the death of their beloved pastor, which occurred in the present year." and p. 177: "Mr. Partridge's will... was proved May 4th, 1658." In the 1600s, the new year began on March 25th, so the earliest he could have died was March 25, the first day of 1658; the latest was the date his will was proved, May 4th, 1658.
- ↑ History of Duxbury, p. 177: "Mr. Partridge's will bears date Sept. 20th, 1655..."
- Justin Winsor. History of the Town of Duxbury, Massachusetts. Boston, Crosby & Nichols, 1849.
- Bates Family Tree.ged imported on May 31, 2014.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Ralph's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Robert Richards, Brian McCullough, Andrew White, Betsy Bruce, and Chris Flood. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.