- Bartholomew Partridge's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Adding 3/5/2014 (Carole Partridge - http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Partridge-944)
- Anne Amyas keeps getting linked to Bartholomew Partridge. As far as I can tell, Barthelmew married Parnell Green in 1566, when he was 20, and Parnell died in August 1597. His will is dated a year later, in October 1597 and was proved 1598. There is no mention of a second wife (Anne), although he mentions nieces, nephews, and brothers-in-law by name. It seems that if he remarried, he would have added his wife to his will. Summary at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~havens5/p50812.htm
Abstract of the will of Bartholomew Partridge of Navestock, Essex, Yeoman. Dated 27 Oct 1597. Proved 20 Oct 1598 in the Court of the Dean and Chapter of St. Paul's Cathedral:
- "... my body to be buried in the little chancell in Navestock where my great-grandfather lyeth...
- "to the poore people of the parish of Navesstock 30 shillings...
- "to my eldest son John Partridge my house wherein I now dwell called Mardeynes with lands and four adjoining tenements (another called Clement Meade; another called Coppie Landes , being coppiehold lying in Navestock; another tenement copyhold in Hutton)...
- "to my second son Bartholomew Partridge (who is under 21): lands bought of Richard Greene and Robert Greene sons to Nicholas Greene...
- "to my youngest son Gabrell (Gabryell, Gabraell) (under 21): lands in Navestock and High Ongar...
- "to my daughter Katherine: £100 at the day of her marriage or 1 year after my decease...
- "to daughter Marie (Marye): £100 at age 21 or on the day of her marriage...
- "to my brother William Partridge's children: Johanne (my god-daughter), Margerie, Gabreyell...
- "my lovong brothers in law Richard, Thomaas, Reynold and Robert Greene...
- Witnesses: Thomas Camp, John Benton, Thomas Perry
Partridge pedigrees abstracted from the 1634 Heraldic Visitations of Essex: 
Bartholomew Partridge of Navestock, county Essex, married Pernell, daughter of John Greene, also of Navestock. Children listed in the pedigree:
- Captain John Partridge - married Jane, daughter of _____ Hogg of Bedenhall (Bethnal) Greene, county Middlesex. They resided in Navestock in 1634. John Partridge, their eldest son, was about 14 years old in 1634. Other children listed were: William, Jane, and Margerett.
- Bartholomew Partridge of Widdington, county Essex - married Mary, daughter of Edmond Stubbin of Bumsted, county Essex. Their eldest son, Bartholomew, was about 22 years old in 1634; daughter Margerett was about 23 years old in 1634. Other children listed were: William, John, Edmond, Mary, Sarah, Bridgett, Martha, Pernell, Anne, and Elizabeth.
- Gabriell Partridge, haberdasher of London Bridge.
- ↑ FHL#94260 per The Partridge Nest entry for Bartholomew Partridge http://demo.familytreeguide.com/getperson.php?personID=I11077&tree=Partridge&PHPSESSID=1d05ac82e103583
- ↑ Harleian Society, Vol. 13, p. 465.
- The Partridge Nest online genealogy compiled by Dennis Partridge as a software demo.
- Visitation of Essex, 1634. The Publications of the Harleian Society: Volume 13.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Bartholomew's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.