- Bartholomew Partridge's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Regarding the question of whether Barthelmew had a second wife, Anne Amyas:
- Barthelmew married Parnell Green in 1566, when he was 20, and Parnell died in August 1597. Barthelmew's will was dated a year later, in October 1597 and was proved 1598. The will mentions nieces, nephews, and brothers-in-law by name, but does not mention a wife. Therefore, it does not appear that he remarried after Parnell died. See summary here.
Abstract of the will of Bartholomew Partridge of Navestock, Essex, Yeoman. Dated 27 Oct 1597. Proved 20 Oct 1598 in the Court of the Dean and Chapter of St. Paul's Cathedral:
- "... my body to be buried in the little chancell in Navestock where my great-grandfather lyeth...
- "to the poore people of the parish of Navesstock 30 shillings...
- "to my eldest son John Partridge my house wherein I now dwell called Mardeynes with lands and four adjoining tenements (another called Clement Meade; another called Coppie Landes , being coppiehold lying in Navestock; another tenement copyhold in Hutton)...
- "to my second son Bartholomew Partridge (who is under 21): lands bought of Richard Greene and Robert Greene sons to Nicholas Greene...
- "to my youngest son Gabrell (Gabryell, Gabraell) (under 21): lands in Navestock and High Ongar...
- "to my daughter Katherine: £100 at the day of her marriage or 1 year after my decease...
- "to daughter Marie (Marye): £100 at age 21 or on the day of her marriage...
- "to my brother William Partridge's children: Johanne (my god-daughter), Margerie, Gabreyell...
- "my lovong brothers in law Richard, Thomaas, Reynold and Robert Greene...
- Witnesses: Thomas Camp, John Benton, Thomas Perry
Partridge pedigrees abstracted from the 1634 Heraldic Visitations of Essex: 
Bartholomew Partridge of Navestock, county Essex, married Pernell, daughter of John Greene, also of Navestock. Children listed in the pedigree:
- Captain John Partridge - married Jane, daughter of _____ Hogg of Bedenhall (Bethnal) Greene, county Middlesex. They resided in Navestock in 1634. John Partridge, their eldest son, was about 14 years old in 1634. Other children listed were: William, Jane, and Margerett.
- Bartholomew Partridge of Widdington, county Essex - married Mary, daughter of Edmond Stubbin of Bumsted, county Essex. Their eldest son, Bartholomew, was about 22 years old in 1634; daughter Margerett was about 23 years old in 1634. Other children listed were: William, John, Edmond, Mary, Sarah, Bridgett, Martha, Pernell, Anne, and Elizabeth.
- Gabriell Partridge, haberdasher of London Bridge.
- He also names his daughters Katherine and Mary in his will.
- ↑ FHL#94260 per The Partridge Nest entry for Bartholomew Partridge.
- ↑ Harleian Society, Vol. 13, p. 465.
- The Partridge Nest online genealogy compiled by Dennis Partridge as a software demo.
- Visitation of Essex, 1634. The Publications of the Harleian Society: Volume 13.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Bartholomew's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 3 May 2015 at 06:17 GMT Carole Partridge wrote:
Bartholomew is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 23 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 23 degrees from Michael Phelps, 29 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 20 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.