- Joan (Paulet) Hayden's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Ottery St. Mary, Devon.
Joan Paulet was the daughter of Sir Amias Paulet and his wife, Mary Hervey. Joan's mother was the daughter and heir of Anthony Hervey, of Columb John's in Devonshire. Joan's father, Sir Amias, a puritan, was ambassador at the French court from 1576 until 1579, then the keeper of Mary Queen of Scots from 1585 until her execution in February 1586/7.
Joan was the sister of:
- Hugh, born 1558, died young;
- Sir Anthony Paulet, 1562-22 July 1600, buried in the church at Hinton St George, married Catherine St Norris, daughter of Sir Henry Norris Baron of Rycote;
- George married Elizabeth, the daughter of Edward Paulet;
- Sarah married Sir Francis Vincent of Stoke D'Abernon, Surrey;
- Elizabeth died unmarried;
Joan married Robert Heyden of Borwood, Devonshire.
Joan was buried on 21 October 1630 at Ottery St. Mary, Devon, England.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Sidney Lee, ed., Dictionary of National Biography, Vol XLIV Paston—Percy, (London: Smith, Elder, & Co., 1895), accessed 26 October 2015, https://archive.org/stream/dictionaryofnati44stepuoft#page/80/mode/2up pp.81-3.
- Ancestral File Number (AFN): 8536-LT;
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Joan's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Michael Ashby and Jim Tooley. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.