This biography was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import. It's a rough draft and needs to be edited.
- Date: 18 Feb
- Place: Kalgoorlie, Western Australia, Australia
Could not interpret date in Death Date (18 Feb).
- Reference: 73
- User ID: DA1F8E2E754B427D86FD785E63B56AA5B41E
- Data Changed:
- Date: 28 Mar 2010
- Time: 10:51
- Date: 28 Mar 2010
Prior to import, this record was last changed 10:51 28 Mar 2010.
- Husband: Jabez Walter Paynter
- Wife: Mary Isobel McKenna
- Child: Sydney Roy Paynter
- Child: Rose Paynter
- Data Changed:
- Date: 29 May 2007
- Time: 07:42
- Date: 29 May 2007
- Source: S37 Abbreviation: 07-05-1997. Letter from Marilyn McKenna Title: 7-5-97. Letter from Marilyn McKenna Author: Marilyn McKenna
- Source: S40 Media: Letter Abbreviation: 13-12-1997. Letter from Ian Paynter Title: 13-12-97. Letter from Ian Paynter Author: Ian Paynter Text: Sender: Ian Paynter CONT Date: 13 Dec 1997 CONT CONT Dear Andrea, CONT CONT Great to see someone trying to unravel our Mckenna family tree. I started to make some inroads whilst we were in New South Wales, but let it lapse when we came over here. CONT CONT Fortunately, I've kept all my letters and info from around the coutnry and can help a little bit by going through the tree that you sent me. CONT CONT Information from a eltter from 1316 Rose Paynter on 1-5-83. Rose is in a nursing home in perth and well past uttering a coherent sentence! CONT #40 Mary Ann Mackerall came from Lavender Farm in Lambeth, England and had 1 broter and 3 sisters. (Somewhere I saw a photo of one of our Australian members of the family outside Lavender farm. He was in WWI uniform.) CONT CONT I have a copy of the marriage certificate, No 1886, of Charles Joseph Mckenna to Mary Mackrell in Hobart Town on 4-3-1878. Mary was illiterate and placed a cross on the certificate. CONT Mary had twin nieces, Lydia and Louise. Lydia had a daugter Florence, who married Jack Morley. They had Kieth, joan, and Doris. Kieth had a son and two daughters, of which on daughter became a doctor. Kieth used to own a newspaper, but the son has two newsagencies in Ormond, Victoris. CONT CONT #131 Mary Isabel was born in Sandy Bay Road, Hobart Town at the foot of Mt Wellington. the house was there in the early 70's when #1312 Ted visited there. I have also seen a water colour paining of the house and surrounds but can't remember where. She died on 19-4-1947 and is buried with Jabez in te Anglican protion of the Kalgoolie Cemetery.
- Source: S99 Abbreviation: 01-06-1997. Letter from Lola Semmel Title: 01-06-1997. Letter from Lola Semmel Text: Sender: Lola Semmel CONT Date: 01-06-1997 CONT CONT Dear Andrea CONT Thankyou for forwarding your Mckenna family tree so far. I am pleased to help where I can As I explained to Mont and Rita, I need to give Janine Krokmal some time to find her family information. She recently moved house and these papers are packed away in boxes containing belongings of her deceased mother, Valerie Hallowell. CONT Meanwhile, if I may, I would like to point out to you a few errors that I noticed when reading the tree. These are facts in my mind but you will be able to verify them with documents. I will not what I see as errors first, then photocopy for you what verification I have. CONT CONT 1. Note the spelling of Hollowell CONT 2. I believe Mackrell is the correct spelling of my Granmothers maiden name. CONT 3. Birth order is incorrect, to my knowledge it should read, Charles, Isabel, Rose, Monetford, Edward (my father) and Sydney Hickman. CONT 4. My mothers maiden name was Maxfield, not Maxwell. CONT 5. My parents had a son Ronald Edward who died on 24-05-27 an infant aged 5 1/2 weeks. CONT 6. Rose married an Alfred Briant spelt with an i. I can't find anything pertaining to that on dates. CONT CONT Have you contacted anyone for Isabel Mckenna's descendants? I can give you a reasonably accurate record of them. I will forward to you the address of Edward Mhoney and Ian Paynter when I go to Adelaide at the end of the month. You may not know that our son, Peter Anthony is married to Maxine Howden who is Ann Mahoney's granddaughter. I will look forward to seeing that written up on your tree. CONT CONT The order of birth of Isabel's (Mckenna) family is (She married Edward Mahoney) CONT Ellen May (Nellie) died 23-05-89 (spinster) CONT Edward Charles married, 2 sons Edward (lives in South Australia) and Ronald (dec) CONT Annie Mary (Ann) D: 05-08-88, m. James Howden (dec), 2 sons Monteford James and Max Robert CONT Isabel married Jabec Paynter, children Sydney and Rose. CONT No details but Ian Paynter is Sydney's son, if I can locate him through Ted Mahoney or Montiford Howden. Mont is Annie (Mahoney) son, he is married to Gaye Kierman. Their daughter Maxine is married to our Peter (Semmel). They have a son Mark who is single. CONT I hope you can follow this, hopefully Mont or Ted Mahoney can fill in a few details on their side. Ann has another son Max who lives in Canada. CONT CONT ------Translation of Above .ed -------------------------------------------------------------- CONT Isabel Mckenna m. Edward Mahoney CONT Children: Ellen May (Nellie) D: 23-05-89 CONT Edward Charles m. CONT Children: Edward (lives in South Australia) CONT Ronald (dec) CONT Annie Mary (Ann) D: 05-08-88, m. James Howden (dec) CONT Children: Monteford James m. Gaye Kierman CONT Children: Maxine m. Peter (Semmel) CONT Children: Mark CONT Max Robert (lives in Canada) CONT Isabel m. Jabec Paynter CONT Children: Sydney m. CONT Children: Ian Paynter CONT Rose CONT ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CONT CONT CONT At last I will write our details. CONT Edward Richard Mckenna B: Hobart, 14-08-1887 D: Melbourne, 06-06-72 m.19-04-26 Frances Ada Maxfield (B: Melbourne, 26-07-1896) CONT (D: Melbourne, 27-04-1977) CONT Rondald Edward Mckenna D: infancy 24-05-27 CONT Lola Frances Mckenna (B: 16-11-33) m. (2-10-54, Gardenvale) Thomas John Semmel (B: Brighton Melbourne, 25-07-27) CONT Children: Peter Anthony (B: Melbourne 10-08-59) m. (10-11-84) Maxine Patricia Howden (B: 07-01-60) CONT Children: Tahnee Patricia (B: 26-05-88) CONT Lauren Kate (B: 27-11-90) CONT CONT Some of this seems a bit disjointed, please ask me again if you need. I must be getting tired, making spelling mistakes. CONT I have also a copy of a tree given to me by Bonnie Kenny who claims to be a cousin of the Mckennas. I see there are no dates, I will ask her if she has any pertaining dates next time I see her. She is 80. Mum and Dad could never work out the relationship to her and her mother who was a tulloch. CONT I will photocopy these documents I have tomorrow and then post them all to you. CONT Good luck with this effort, I'll look forward to hearing from you again. CONT Kind Regards Lola.
Thank you to John Mckenna for creating WikiTree profile Paynter-115 through the import of McKenna Family Tree.ged on Jul 30, 2013. Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by John and others.
- Jabez Walter's formal name
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- death location
- family tree
- children's names (2)
- spouse's name and marriage information
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.