- Henry Perrin's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
|Henry Perrin was a New Netherland Settler.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the New Netherland Settlers Project!
Nov. 1, 1711, Henry Perrin(2) purchased tract of 200 acres on Matchaponix Creek, between Spottswood and Englishtown. Middlesex Co., N.J., from Cornelius Longfield of Somerset, N.J., and died there. (See , citing N.Y. Gen. and Biog. Rec., Vol. 21, p. 33; East Jersey Rec., Liber C 3, p. 258.)
- Henry was born about 1669. Henry Perrine ... He passed away about 1769. 
- Henry was born in 1669. Henry Perrine ... He passed away in 1765. 
- Date: 1669
- Source S306: Media: Book: Abbreviation: Daniel Perrin: Title: Daniel Perrin, "The Huguenot," and his descendants in America, of the surnames, Perrine, Perine, and Prine, 1665-1910: Author: Perrine, Howland Delano: Publication: South Orange, N.J.,publisher unknown,1910: Date: 2 Jul 2006
- Perrine, Howland D. Daniel Perrin "The Huguenot" and His Descendants in America (Privately Printed, South Orange, N. J., Press of Tobias A. Wright, 150 Bleecker Street, N.Y., 1910): p. 36, Founder Family #2
- ↑ Source: #S306: Page: p. 22
- Quality or Certainty of Data: 3
- ↑ Source: #S306: Page: p. 25
- Quality or Certainty of Data: 3
- ↑ Entered by Brett Buckley, Apr 22, 2011
- ↑ First-hand information as remembered by James Luper, Saturday, December 20, 2014.
- ↑ Source: #S306: Page: p. 33: Quality or Certainty of Data: 3
- This person was created through the import of Wilson.ged on 14 September 2010. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- User ID: 5D49144D0A2C4ECAA01EC7BDB867754D7813
- Brett Buckley, Entered by Brett Buckley, Apr 22, 2011. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Brett and others.
On 18 Jul 2011 Brett Buckley wrote:
He married Anne Fountaine, the daughter of Vincent Fountaine, Sr. His second wife was Marie -- of Staten Island who was born in 1674 and died in 1765, according to a monument erected in their names.
Antecedents of Henry Perrine and Anne Fountaine included the Vincent, Day, and Martineau families, members of the Huguenot colony established at an early date on Staten Island, New York.
Henry Perrine lived on Staten Island. On Nov 1, 1711, he purchased from Cornelius Longfield a tract of 200 acres of land in Monmouth County (later designated Middlesex County), New Jersey, located between Spotswood and Englishtown on the Matchaponix Neck. He later lived there.
A Henry Perrin is listed along with a Daniel Perrin in the Richmond County Militia, South Company, commanded by Captain James Pollion. (New York Colonial Muster Rolls 1664-1775, Report of the State Historian of the State of New York, Vol 1, page 549) Richmond County included all of Staten Island.
Henry Perrine's father-in-law, Vincent Fountaine, Sr., willed land "to my daughter Anne and hers husband Henry Perrine," being "150 acres of land and meadow, it being ½ of a tract of land in Middlesex County, N.J." (NYHSW 13: 65)
Henry was buried in the Old Stony Burying Ground, now called Hoffman's Burying Ground or Hoffman Hill Cemetery, located near Englishtown/Manalspan, Middlesex County, New Jersey. There is a large stone placed in the cemetery by William Perrine that includes the inscription "Henry Perrin 1669-1734 his wife Marie 1674-1765."
The children of Henry Perrine and Anne Fountaine were: i Daniel ii Anne, m. Pieter Strycker in 1730 iii Henry iv (perhaps) Matthew v (perhaps) William
The children of Henry Perrine and Marie -- were: vi Maria, b. 169-, m. John Van Pelt in 1709 vii John, b. 1690, m. Catherine --, d. 1779 viii Peter, b. ca. 1703
Login to add your own memory.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Henry's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Steven Mix, James Luper, and Brett Buckley. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 22 Jun 2016 at 11:20 GMT James Luper III wrote:
Henry is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 17 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 22 degrees from Michael Phelps, 26 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.