- Gilbert Peters's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Gilbert was born between 1828 and 1830. According to the 1901 Census, Gilbert was born on 6 Jan 1830 in Prince Edward Island (probably Hope River). However, the 1911 census lists his birthdate as Jan 1828 and his age as 83. Lastly, the 1881 Census lists his age at 52 which would approximate his age at 29. 
Gilbert passed away sometime after 1911. The 1911 Census of Canada was the last evidence showing he was still alive.
- ↑ 1901 Census of Canada, Prince Edward Island, District No. 13b Queen's West, S. District No. 10, Polling Subdivision, 5 in Hope River, p. 13, Dwelling No. 119. Family 120, Gilbert Peters; image, Ancestry.com, http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=1901canada&h=4973919&indiv=try : accessed June 25, 2016. Quatrième Recensement Du Canada, 1901.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 1911 Census of Canada, Ancestry.com, http://www.Ancestry.com, 1911 Census of Canada, Prince Edward Island, District: No. 141 Queen's County, Enumeration District No.: Poll 5 in Township No. 22, p. 10, House No. 110. Family 110, Gilbert Peters; image, http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=1911Canada&h=6936630&indiv=try : accessed June 25, 2016. Fifth Census of Canada, 1911.
- ↑ 1881 Census of Canada, Prince Edward Island, District: No. 2 Queens County, S. District No.: Township No. 22, Roll: C_13163, p. 56, House No. 228. Family 228, Gilbert Peters; image, http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=1881Canada&h=1631990&indiv=try : accessed June 25, 2016. Recensement 1881.
- ↑ Canada Vital and Church Records (Acadia). Catholic Marriage records for Ile-du-Prince-Édouard, Acadie (Nova Scotia and New Brunswick) from 1812 to 1887 (French copy), p. 14, entry 13, PItre-Doiron marraige (1853). Retrieved from Ancestry.com, Acadia, Canada, Vital and Church Records (Drouin Collection), 1670-1946 http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=drouinacadia&h=840118&indiv=try : accessed 25 Jun 2016.
- ↑ Prince Edward Island Marriage Registers, 1832-1888 (Prince Edward Island, Canada, Public Archives and Records Office, March 11, 2015), FamilySearch, https://familysearch.org/, GS Film Number: 001630092, Digital Folder Number: 004594918, Image Number 00177, accessed June 19, 2016. https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QVBJ-KKXT.
- ↑ Wendy Pitre Roostan, Web: The Pitre Trail from Acadia, Record for Gilbert Pitre. http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pitretrail/Individuals/GPitreLDo.htm. Need additional sources to confirm this
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Gilbert by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Gilbert:
- Lucille (Pitre) Fagnan : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch F414555, FTDNA kit #414555
- Alvin Arsenault : 23andMe, GEDMatch M513727
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Gilbert is 21 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 49 degrees from Anne Frank, 24 degrees from AJ Jacobs and 21 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.