Elizabeth of Rhuddlan (also Elizabeth Plantagenet; 7 August 1282 - 5 May 1316) was the eighth daughter of Edward I of England and Eleanor of Castile.
Countess of Holland; Countess of Hereford
- Countess of Holland
- Reign 8 January 1297 - 10 November 1299
- Spouse John I, Count of Holland
- m. 1297; dec. 1299
- Humphrey de Bohun, 4th Earl of Hereford
- m. 1302; wid. 1316
- Lady Eleanor de Bohun
- John de Bohun, 5th Earl of Hereford
- Humphrey de Bohun, 6th Earl of Hereford
- Margaret de Bohun, 2nd Countess of Devon
- William de Bohun, 1st Earl of Northampton
- Edward de Bohun
- Eneas de Bohun
- Father Edward I of England
- Mother Eleanor of Castile
- Born 7 August 1282 (1282-08-07) Rhuddlan Castle, Denbighshire
- Died 5 May 1316 (aged 33) Quendon, Essex
- Burial Waltham Abbey, Essex
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Elizabeth's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Terry Wright, Terry Drake, Lindsay Coleman, Bob Fields, David Robinson, and Tim Perry. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On November 5, 2015 at 23:29GMT Vic Watt wrote:
"Hugh de Bohun? This name appears only in one medieval source, which gives Bohun names (see Flores Historiarum) and was a probably a copyist's error for "Humphrey". Hugh was never used by the main branch of the Bohuns in England. Date unknown, but after 1302, since she and Humphrey did not marry until late in 1302." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humphrey_de_Bohun,_4th_Earl_of_Hereford
The Unmerged Match of the duplicate Elizabeth's should be merged, as there is no conflict in the children, just an additional Hugh, who may or may not have existed.
On September 13, 2015 at 14:44GMT RJ Horace wrote:
On September 12, 2015 at 23:17GMT David Robinson wrote:
On July 31, 2015 at 23:20GMT Tim Perry wrote:
On July 31, 2015 at 23:13GMT John Atkinson wrote:
On September 18, 2014 at 23:01GMT Renee Malloy wrote:
On June 22, 2014 at 22:16GMT Lady Jessica Church wrote:
On February 20, 2012 at 12:35GMT Roger Travis wrote:
Elizabeth is 21 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 23 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 50 degrees from Lisa Kudrow, 29 degrees from Kurt Vonnegut and 20 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.