William "The Tailor" POOLE was born on 22 Jun 1739 in SC. He died in Jan 1817 in Elk Creek, Grayson, North Carolina.. He was buried in Pacelot Township, Spartanburg County, SC. William was called "Taylor" because he was a Tailor by trade. This was to tell him from William POOLE "Iron Master" and other William Pooles in the area. He was also known as "Pacelot" POOLE. He had large holdings on the Pacelot River, and was the first postmaster in that part of South Carolina. His first home in SC, a unique "block house" was owned in 1970 by Dr. Ezell of Spartanburg SC., and was used by his family as a "weekend cottage". He also owned property which contained large springs which people visited for health reasons. The healing springs are said to still be in existence and the property is owned by Poole descendants.
He was married to Elizabeth STOVALL (daughter of John "Bartholomew" STOVALL and Dorcas) on 15 Dec 1760 in Granville County, NC
- Bible, Census, Will and Cemetery Records
- Poole Family history as told
- Yates Publishing. U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900,Source number: 17029.000; Source type: Electronic Database; Number of Pages: 1; Submitter Code: WAY. (Validates 1739 and NC for birth)
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of William's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Robin Lee, Sarah Dittmann, Viola Jones, and William Graham. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On June 23, 2014 at 00:37GMT Robin Lee wrote:
On May 9, 2014 at 18:01GMT Robin Lee wrote:
On May 9, 2014 at 16:13GMT Viola Jones wrote:
On May 9, 2014 at 15:53GMT Robin Lee wrote:
On November 22, 2013 at 15:17GMT Robin Lee wrote: