Mary was born in 1616. Mary Post ... She passed away in 1684.
- Birth ABT 1619
There seems to be some controversy about Mary's birth date, 1608, 1616 and 1619. Other dates are in agreement.
- Marriage 18 NOV 1640 Windsor, Hartford County, Connecticut
- Also found also seen as 13 Nov 1640, possibly a mis-reading of a manuscript
- Death: Date: 1 SEP 1684 Windsor, Hartford County, Connecticut
Page 280, I Mary Buell, being very weak and nigh to death, but having my natural Understanding, having some smale things to dispose of, my Will is that my Eldest daughter Mary Mills shall have my Westcoate, Coat, & that Hatt which was Sarah's , ... "A Digest of the Early Connecticut Probate Records: Hartford district, 1635-1700" edited by Charles William Manwaring
- Helen Schatvet Hartford Co CT, County Court Minutes, Vol 3 & 4; Ullmann, p.396
- 24 Mar 1684/5 Last will & Inventory of the widow Buell proved & ordered recorded. Administration to Peter Buel who is to pay debts. when the reaminder of the estate when those legacies mentioned in the will are first paid & the debts, it is to be equally divided to the children of said Buel to Capt. Newbery & John Moor, the parcel Goodwife Mills [daughter Mary] had we Judged it hers.
- The Will of Mary Buell dated 29 Aug, 1684
- I mary Buell being very weeck and ny to death and commiting my Soull to god and my bodey to Crist in byring but having my naterall understanding having som small things to despose of. my will is that my eldest datter Mary Milles shall have my red wascott and that hat which was Sarah's and one whit lininh appron and one blue appron when it is wove and the rest of my wooling and lining clothese. I give to my datter hannah pallmer and a larg hat and one puter plater and one tin pan. I give to my datter Hephzibah Welles 6 yards of linen Cloth, & I give to my gran child marey pallmer wooll cloth to make hir a cot and my gran child sarah pallmer wooll cloth for a wascottt and the rest of my wooll cloth is to be devided betwene my datters mary and hannah and rest of lining cloth is to be divided betwene my to datters Mary and hannah and I give to my datter hannah on blue appron and that is all that I give to my datters. Witnesses: James Hillr, mary hillyer
- The inventory of the estate of Mary Buell
- on hatt - 10s
- on hat - 6s
- 3 Linsy wolsy cottes & ould waskets - 1£
- on carsy waskits - 14s
- on sarg waskots - 12s
- peniken wasket - 8s
- carsy peticote - 1£
- 3 peticotes - 12s
- Bodys - 2s 6p
- Sarg houd - 6s
- cloth cloke - 10s
- peniston 2s 6p
- stockings 2 pr - 2s
- shous - 4s
- greate say - 5s
- flaxen aparons - 3s
- 4 callico aparons - 4s
- cotton aparons - 4s
- hollan aparon - 12s lining aparon - 3s
- Blak neckecloth an [illegible] - 2s
- 4 neck handkerchee - 10s 6p
- other head Linnings - 14s
- 4 pair of gloves - 10s
- lining yar 14 pound - 6s
- wollings yarn 6 pound - 1£ 8s
- fustinge - 2s 6p
- Blak stake - 1s 2p
- 9 barrels - 1£ 2s 6p
- hay - 1£
- meate and mealle - 5s
- spice - 2s
- pepar - 1s
- 4 plate platters - 10s
- half lint glas - 6p
- large glas - 2s
- on swine - 15s
- butter - 3s
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Mary's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Ed Poor, Lydia Vierson, Matt Caddy, Judith Painter-McGregor, and Kay Carter. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On October 30, 2014 at 19:04GMT Kay Wilson wrote:
On October 30, 2014 at 17:47GMT GeneJ X wrote:
Source that follows reports about Abraham Post and his wife "Ann Hurst," and calls out their daughter Mary. That daughter, however, is reported to have married Allen Wenn, not William Buell.
Records of the baptisms Abraham Post's children are found at Hollingbourne in Kent, England. Given the birth information about William Buell's wife, how would she be associated as Abraham's daughter?
How can this conflict be resolved?