- Anthony Potter's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Anthony Potter was born about 1628 in Coventry, Warwickshire, England. (citation needed).
He was in Ipswich, Essex, Massachusetts by 1648.
He died 26 March 1690 in Ipswich, Essex, Massachusetts.
John Whipple's 1669 includes a bequest: "I give unto Anthony Potter my son in law some times, forty shillings," implying that Anthony Potter had been married to a daughter (deceased?) of John Whipple. Most say that daughter was Elizabeth, but Anderson in his Great Migration series claims otherwise.
Anthony Potter, the immigrant ancestor, was born in England in 1628 and died in 1690. His farm was one of the best in Ipswich, on the road to Salem, southwest of Ipswich village. His wife was Elizabeth Whipple. His children were John, Edmund, Samuel, Thomas, Anthony, Elizabeth and Lydia.
Previously, this profile for Anthony Potter showed his parents as Robert Potter and Isabel Anthony. According to Anderson’s Great Migration, Robert Potter had three children, Deliverance, John and Elizabeth. There is no mention of Anthony Potter being the child of Robert Potter and Isabel Tripp/Anthony, so they have been detached from this profile.
- ↑ William Richard Cutter, “New England Families”, Third Series, 1915, Lewis Historical Publishing Company, New York, Volume 1, page 209.
- ↑ Robert Charles Anderson, “The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635”, Boston, New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1999-2011, Vol V, M-P, pages 500-505.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Anthony's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Bob Fields, Toby Rockwell, Merry Kennedy, Jack Wise, and Rhonda Scoullar. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On March 6, 2013 at 19:42GMT Jillaine Smith wrote:
On March 6, 2013 at 19:35GMT Jillaine Smith wrote:
On March 6, 2013 at 13:02GMT Toby Rockwell wrote:
On March 5, 2013 at 15:41GMT Jillaine Smith wrote:
On March 5, 2013 at 15:39GMT Jillaine Smith wrote:
Anthony is 16 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 19 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 29 degrees from Gene Kelly, 24 degrees from Bram Stoker and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.