This biography was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import. It's a rough draft and needs to be edited.
- Name: George /Potts/
- Note: #N654
- User ID: A5F60BF9D1294AB98A827BF43A807E348309
- Data Changed:
- Date: 10 JAN 2006
Prior to import, this record was last changed 10 JAN 2006.
- ↑ Potts-1383 was created by John McVey through the import of Thos McKee-578.ged on Jan 18, 2014. This comment and citation can be deleted after the biography has been edited and primary sources are included.
- ↑ Source: #S68
- Source: S68 Type: Web Site Author: Dr. Egle manuscript, Micahael Milligan, webmaster Title: A Genealogy of the Hogg - McKee Family URL: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~milliken/jottings/hogg.html Date: Jan. 2006
- Note N654
- Served as Brigadier General of Militia of the Brigade composed of the counties of Butler and Beaver in 1840, represented Butler County in the State Legislature; in 1844 was appointed Weigh Master at Hollidaysburg and subsequently transferred to Altoona by the Penna. RR Co. where he remained until 1861 when he was employed by the National Government as inspector second division, Nashville and Chickamauga RR; after the close of the war returned to Altoona, where he was twice elected Mayor of that city.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of George's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.