- Richard Poynings's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Richard de Poynings
b. c.1400 Yorkshire - d.10 JUN 1429 Orleans, France (age 18-19)
Robert Poynings, 5th Baron Poynings (summoned to Parliament 25 Aug 1404 - 13 Jan 1445; d. 1446 Siege of Orleans) and Elizabeth or Eleanor (Father: Reginald, Lord Grey de Ruthyn). Issue:
- Richard (pre-deceased father)
- Robert of East Hall, Faukhame-Aske and Chellesfield
m. (c.1421 - 24) Alianore Berkeley (Father: John Berkeley, Knt. of Beverstone). Issue: 1
- Eleanor Poynings m. Sir Henry Percy (d. 29 Mar 1461; son and h. of Henry Percy, 2nd Earl of Northumberland)
Burke, B. (1866). "Poynings: Barons Poynings." A Genealogical History of the Dormant: Abeyant, Forfeited, and Extinct Peerages of the British Empire, (pp.444). London: Harrison. Google Books.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Richard's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Jamie Swindells, Dolores Pringle, Tanya Breese, Doug Stewart, Jeffrey Steele, and Wendy Hampton. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.