- Richard Poynings's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Richard de Poynings
b. c.1400 Yorkshire - d.10 JUN 1429 Orleans, France (age 18-19)
Robert Poynings, 5th Baron Poynings (summoned to Parliament 25 Aug 1404 - 13 Jan 1445; d. 1446 Siege of Orleans) and Elizabeth or Eleanor (Father: Reginald, Lord Grey de Ruthyn). Issue:
- Richard (pre-deceased father)
- Robert of East Hall, Faukhame-Aske and Chellesfield
m. (c.1421 - 24) Alianore Berkeley (Father: John Berkeley, Knt. of Beverstone). Issue: 1
- Eleanor Poynings m. Sir Henry Percy (d. 29 Mar 1461; son and h. of Henry Percy, 2nd Earl of Northumberland)
- Royal Ancestry by D. Richardson Vol. I. page 153
Burke, B. (1866). "Poynings: Barons Poynings." A Genealogical History of the Dormant: Abeyant, Forfeited, and Extinct Peerages of the British Empire, (pp.444). London: Harrison. Google Books.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Richard's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Doug Stewart, Wendy Hampton, Jeffrey Steele, and Jamie Swindells. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Richard is 20 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 36 degrees from Anne Frank, 21 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 25 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 16 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.