Project: Global Family Reunion
Inspired by author AJ Jacobs and his New York Times op-ed "Are You My Cousin?" members of the project worked to show connections to him in the beginning in order to help with his reunion, but it has since grown to simply be an extension of our site goal of a shared global tree.
How to Join
See badge page for the full list of members.
- Send a message to Abby Glann, the Project Co-Leader, so she can add the badge to your profile. Please look over what being a part of the project is by reading through the rest of the project page.
- Add the global_reunion tag to your G2G feed for updates on what we need help with and updates about our progress .
- For an added chance to chat with project members, join our discussion group on Google+: https://plus.google.com/communities/114289169644556786479
- Either work on making your own connection to our Global Family Tree or choose an item to work on from our To-Do list below. (To see if you're connected to the Tree, check our AJ Connector in the drop down menu on your profile page under your profile number in the top right of the page.)
- Our number one goal is to have everyone on WikiTree connected to the Global Family Tree. That is A LOT of profiles. Luckily, all you need is one connection to connect a whole family line. We are currently at 65%. Chris created a list of unconnected profiles for us to use to connect the rest. It is here: Unconnected Profiles
- Have all connected profiles well-sourced as possible and conforming to the WikiTree Style Standards
- Include correct parents, spouse, and children, or mark the profile as having no children or spouse so that work can continue elsewhere.
- Use appropriate categories listed in Biography.
This is our list of to-dos; these folks need connected to the global tree.
For to-dos related to our Notables Project, see the Notables Project page
For what our members are currently working on, , see the badge activity feed.
If you have questions, just ask!!
Guide for Research
- Keep all profiles as either Open - so anyone can jump in and help - or if the person is still alive (or might be) Private with Public Biography and Tree, so it can be easily referenced for others working on the same tree.
- 100 Degrees of AJ calculator Easy way to find the steps between a profile and AJ (which means they're connected to our Global Tree). This is accessible on any profile from the drop down menu that is their profile number in the top right of the profile page.
- Rescued Memories has lost family photos and includes everything written about the photo with it. It may provide links in your search for connections.
- Roland's steps script, which includes through which family member the previous connection was made.
- WikiTree Tops has top facts about the Global Family Reunion found in WikiTree.
-  Jacobs One Name Study
This page was last modified 16:24, 16 July 2015. This page has been accessed 24,894 times.