Categories: WikiTree Help | WikiTree Team | Projects
Greeters are friendly Wiki Genealogists who welcome new members to our community.
As Wiki Genealogists, Greeters have the power to upgrade Guest Member accounts into full accounts at any time. This is generally done when a guest volunteers.
Currently active Greeters
These Greeters are currently monitoring the Guest Activity Feed.
- Debby Black Specific counties of interest: Hall County, Georgia; Winston County, Alabama; Saline County, Arkansas; and Union County, Arkansas. Post a public comment for Debby or send her a private message.
Debby has taken on the responsibility of coordinating Greeters. Please contact Debby if you're interested in becoming a Greeter (see below) or if you have other questions.
The work of these Greeters is very much appreciated. Thank you!
Less active Greeters
These Greeters may not reach out to you, but they invite you to reach out to them, especially if you share common genealogical interests.
- Paul Bech: Leading in the creation of a Genealogy Help section. Interested in Australian First Families (convicts and early free settlers). I would like to create a users group for similarly interested and active Wikitreers. I am also interested in my Danish heritage and offer help to others seeking Danish roots (until someone better comes along, my Danish is limited). Post a public comment for Paul or send him a private message. I will be unavailable to process invitations from about September 20 to October 6, 2012.
- Ray Jones: I check Wikitree regularly and my main areas of research are Pittsburgh and Western Pennsylvania. I have a lot of experience searching for obituaries in the Pittsburgh Press and Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on Google, the Index for Pennsylvania Death Certificates and in the probate records for Pennsylvania and Ohio on Familysearch Post a public comment for Ray or send him a private message.
- Ray "Trib" Triboulet: Enlisted US Sailor with a decent grasp on Wikitree. I am not an official Greeter yet, as I have not been around long enough, but if you have any questions I will either help you that day, or point you in the right direction. I also monitor the Guest Activity Feed irregularly, but often.
The central responsibility of a Greeter is to monitor the Guest Activity Feed.
Greeters should check the feed as often as possible. It's important that all sincere volunteers be confirmed by a Greeter ASAP.
If a new member reaches out to a Greeter, it's important that they reply in a timely manner.
See Welcoming New Members for full instructions and tips.
If you're a friendly Wiki Genealogist we would love to have your help. The only strict requirements to be a Greeter:
- You joined WikiTree more than one month ago.
Become a Greeter
Please contact Debby Black, the Greeter Project Leader.
Debby will put the Greeter badge on your profile.
You or she can add you to the participants section above.
The instructions for greeting are here but she can help you with any questions as you get started.
You can also post in G2G using the tag "greeters".
Thank you in advance. WikiTree is growing fast and we need more Greeters to keep up.
This page was last modified 18:52, 7 May 2013. This page has been accessed 7,747 times.