Welcome to the Mayflower WikiProject!
The Mayflower Project currently covers the passengers of the Mayflower, and their descendants for two generations. In the future, it may be expanded to cover other early European settlers in that area.
In the past, participants contacted each other primarily through the WikiMayflower Google Group. That has been replaced by the Mayflower tag on the G2G forum.
If you would like to be involved in the Mayflower project, please do the following:
- Add mayflower to your list of followed tags. That way you'll see all our discussions in your G2G Feed.
- Ask Becky to award you the Mayflower Project Member badge.
- Add your name to the list below, along with a note about what you're working on in this project right now.
Beside your name below, please keep track of what you're currently working on for this project. This is both for your own reference, and to aid collaboration amongst the project participants. If you are going to be temporarily inactive in the project (eg. on vacation), please note that here. Thanks!
- Michele West - working on John Howland and comparing records to my own
- Larry Arnett - working on proving connection to Samuel Fuller
- Darlene Athey-Hill - Descendants of John HOWLAND and Elizabeth TILLEY
- Tom Bredehoft - Wot, I'm first? Oh Alphabetically.. I'm doing random merges as suggested by others and some I find myself.
- Erin Breen -
- Heather Brown -
- Tom Elliott -
- Bob Fields -
- Abby Glann -
- Kathryn Greenwald -
- Karen Harbert - I'm interested in Degory Priest.
- Carey Haskell -
- Jackie King - Have adopted Remember Allerton and beginning to add to that line.
- Jennifer Krishnan - Helping clean up and document the Chilton line.
- Jim Manley -
- Roger Miyaji -
- Darren Moore -
- Andrew Morrow -
- Jackie Overland -
- Merry Ann Palmer -
- Katherine Patterson -
- Deborah Ann Pridgen -
- Ron Roberson -
- Kelley Rosenbach - working on Hopkins and Snow
- Steve Sammons -
- Therese Schmidt -
- Dana Schreder -
- Chet Snow - Constance Hopkins Snow and entire Snow family + allied families
- Mike Stephenson - In memoriam. Worked on Alden and gave great encouragement.
- Becky Syphers - Have been working on the following families - Alden, Bradford, Cooke, Fuller, Howland, Rogers, and Warren. Have offered support on Brewster. Initial merging complete and biographies cleaned up. Do follow up periodically.
- Jeanne Taylor Chilton, Winslow, Latham, Washburn, Sargeant, Gale line
- Roger Travis -
- CL Trenholm -
- Steve Turley -
- Timothy Wilder -
- Carroll Woods -
- Tracy Conrad Working on Richard Warren
- Eowyn - Cleaning up profiles and adding sources (Up to Bartholomew Allerton (7/21/13)
- Lisa Skaggs - Isaac & Mary Allerton all info verifiable please
- Lynden Raber - Francis Eaton and family, Francis Cooke, and Richard Warren
- Scott Brewster
- L Massey
- Tamara Rose
- Kay Johnson Wilson
- Christopher Wright - Working mainly on John Howland and William Brewster
- Michele Riley Hevingham - Working on Francis Cooke
- A. Large
- Kathie (Kirchhaine) Sutherland, MD
- Ky (Moore) Rogers John Howland and Elizabeth Tilley
- Frances Holsclaw Francis Cooke Family
- Melissa Molvik William White Family
- John Schmeeckle - Richard Warren and Edward Doty; especially Doty families in New Jersey
- Kelly (Bartlett) Metzler - Robert and Mary (Warren) Bartlett | also Jebediah Allen
- Morag M -Bearse and Cobb. Both married into Mayflower lines about the 3rd or 4th generation (not considered part of the Mayflower Project at this time.)
Beverly Rothman - random merges Sue Davis -( Gard-457) working on ancestors
- The main activity of this project is currently merging duplicate profiles of the Mayflower passengers and their immediate family members.
- When a final profile is determined for a Mayflower passenger, the following should be done:
The project box for this project is Template:Mayflower Passenger. To use it on a profile, just put the following text on the profile, above the biography:
This will display the project box, and will also put the profile in Category:Mayflower Passengers, so you don't need to include the Category line when you're including the project box.
- Cyndi's List - Mayflower, Pilgrims & The Plymouth Colony. Links to websites, mailing lists, etc., with a focus on the Mayflower and related topics.
- Caleb Johnson's list of Mayflower Passengers List of all the passengers, also includes other primary source documentation such as Bradford's History and Plymouth County Records.
- A website of the Society of Mayflower Descendants They will screen your eligibility for membership (for a fee). List of passengers who are known to have left descendants.
The Society of Mayflower Descendants is publishing a series of books called "Mayflower Families through Five Generations." These books are sold by online booksellers and online at AmericanAncestors.org.
The Great Migration Begins series, published and sold by NEHGS, contain biographies of each Mayflower Passenger and their known children. Often primary source documents are cited as references.
This page was last modified 09:42, 14 September 2014. This page has been accessed 3,649 times.