Welcome to the Mayflower WikiProject!
The Mayflower Project currently covers the passengers of the Mayflower, and their descendants for two generations. In the future, it may be expanded to cover other early European settlers in that area.
In the past, participants contacted each other primarily through the WikiMayflower Google Group. That has been replaced by the Mayflower tag on the G2G forum.
If you would like to be involved in the Mayflower project, please do the following:
- Add mayflower to your list of followed tags. That way you'll see all our discussions in your G2G Feed.
- Ask Becky to award you the Mayflower Project Member badge.
- Add your name to the list below, along with a note about what you're working on in this project right now.
Beside your name below, please keep track of what you're currently working on for this project. This is both for your own reference, and to aid collaboration amongst the project participants. If you are going to be temporarily inactive in the project (eg. on vacation), please note that here. Thanks! [Gildersleeve-23] Descended from Wm. Brewster and John Howland, working on both lines.
- Jathan Pfeifle - Working on line of Lydia BREWSTER, daughter of Elisha BREWSTER (Brewster-866) and Lucy YEOMANS (Yeomans-35), who married Pieter VAN DEURSEN in 1786. (most of line provable in Mayflower genealogy). Line through William Brewster's son, Love. Possible connection to other Mayflower lines as well.
- Bob Wood - working on Henry Samson (Samson-27) line.
- Larry Arnett - working on proving connection to Samuel Fuller
- Darlene Athey-Hill - Descendants of John HOWLAND and Elizabeth TILLEY
- Warren Ayer - working on my connections to John Howland, Elizabeth Tilley, and Henry Sampson
- AnneB - George Soule, children and grandchildren, especially Susannah (Soule) West and descendants. I've purchased the new 2015 edition of MFIP (pink book) for George Soule and will work on updating the Soule family. I'm working on Peterson family Nov 2015.
- Annie Blanchard - Sending in my Alden application to the General Mayflower Society Descendants, which means also Mullins. 99% sure my dad's side of the family is also descended from Bradford, Brewster, Cooke, Rogers, Standish, and Warren. I have the Bradford Silver Book and Alden Book 2, will look up if you need (email me).
- Paula Bond - I'm researching and documenting my direct line to Peregrine WHITE and William WHITE. Primarily focusing on DRAKE, COREY, SLOCUM, WIGGINS, GEROW, BOND line (Eastern US > Canada > California, US) | I would love to help others research their lineage from a Mayflower passenger. It is an honor to participate in this group!
- Tom Bredehoft - Wot, I'm first? Oh Alphabetically.. I'm doing random merges as suggested by others and some I find myself.
- Erin Breen -
- Scott Brewster -
- Heather Brown -
- Tracy Conrad - Working on Richard Warren
- Kathleen (Tifft) Cooper - Bradford; Cooke; Warren
- Nick Dann - Descended from Thomas Rogers, Stephen Hopkins, and William Brewster. Interested in descendant collaboration
- Grace Davert - I am working on the descendents of Miles (Myles) Standish all the way too the current living descendants
- Sue Davis - working on ancestors
- Tom Elliott -
- Eowyn - Cleaning up profiles and adding sources (Up to Bartholomew Allerton (7/21/13)
- Bob Fields -
- Abby Glann -
- Kathryn Greenwald -
- Karen Harbert - I'm interested in Degory Priest.
- Carey Haskell -
- Robert Hathaway - George Soule, his son George, and grand-daughter Mary Soule.
- Michele Riley Hevingham - Working on Francis Cooke
- Frances Holsclaw - Francis Cooke Family
- Joan Kelly - working on ancestors Alden, Standish, Warren, Samson, Mullins
- Jackie King - Have adopted Remember Allerton and beginning to add to that line.
- Jennifer Krishnan - Helping clean up and document the Chilton line.
- A. Large -
- Morag M - Bearse and Cobb. Both married into Mayflower lines about the 3rd or 4th generation (not considered part of the Mayflower Project at this time.)
- Jim Manley -
- Lee Martin - Descendant of John Howland and Elizabeth Tilley
- L Massey -
- Brandon Masterson - Working on John Alden and Priscilla Mullins' line. Mainly their son, Joseph Alden, and his wife, Mary Simmons.
- Kelly (Bartlett) Metzler - Robert and Mary (Warren) Bartlett | also Jebediah Allen
- Roger Miyaji -
- Melissa Molvik - William White Family
- Darren Moore -
- Jim Moore - Thanks to the resources at NEHGS, I have documented a dense family tree in 17th century New England. I'm looking forward to reconciling my work with that in WikiTree.
- Andrew Morrow -
- L Oughterson - Working on family links to Richard Warren, Francis Cooke, Edward Fuller, William Latham, and the James Chilton & John Billington familes.
- Jackie Overland -
- Alden Owen - I am pleased to share that I just made another Mayflower connection, in my tree. To Thomas Rogers.
- Merry Ann Palmer -
- Katherine Patterson -
- Cheryl Phillips - Descendants of George Soule connecting to my father's Phillips surname. George Soule's daughter, Susannah married Francis West, their son, Francis West's daughter, Sarah West married John Phillips. Sarah West Phillips is the great grand daughter of George Soule.
- Mel Pohl - Just discovered possible family connection to John Howland. Working on New Brunswick family right now before our trip mid-June, but eager to research the Howland link further later this summer.
- Deborah Ann Pridgen -
- Lynden Raber - working on a line to William Brewster and Stephen Hopkins
- Ron Roberson -
- Ky (Moore) Rogers - John Howland and Elizabeth Tilley
- Tamara Rose
- Kelley Rosenbach - working on Hopkins and Snow
- Beverly Rothman - random merges
- Russak, Casimer - Edward Doty
- Michael Sackett - Descendant of John Alden. Finished preliminary family entries connecting my part of the tree to John and Priscilla. Will continue adding and fleshing out families I have added
- J. Salsbery - Descendant of Francis Cooke, John Cooke & Richard Warren. Since joining WikiTree I have added and improved on their descendant's profiles when needed. It's time I joined the project.
- Steve Sammons -
- John Schmeeckle - Richard Warren and Edward Doty; especially Doty families in New Jersey
- Therese Schmidt -
- Dana Schreder -
- Lisa Skaggs - Isaac & Mary Allerton all info verifiable please
- Chet Snow - Constance Hopkins Snow and entire Snow family + allied families
- Duncan Sparrell - Documented descendant of William Brewster, working on documentation as descendant of John Alden, and then I believe I am also descended from others that I need to work on the documentation for (need more sources).
- Mike Stephenson - In memoriam. Worked on Alden and gave great encouragement.
- Kathie (Kirchhaine) Sutherland, MD -
- Janis (Paulding) Swanson - Working on Henry Samson and others as that intertwine
- Becky Syphers - Have been working on the following families - Alden, Bradford, Cooke, Fuller, Howland, Rogers, and Warren. Have offered support on Brewster. Initial merging complete and biographies cleaned up. Do follow up periodically.
- Jeanne Taylor - Chilton, Winslow, Latham, Washburn, Sargeant, Gale line
- Roger Travis -
- CL Trenholm -
- Steve Turley -
- AL Wellman - presently working on Betsey (or Elizabeth?) Samson/Sampson mother of Sally Samson
- Michele West - working on John Howland and comparing records to my own
- Timothy Wilder -
- Kay Johnson Wilson
- Kimberly Wilton - I have connected my grandmothers side of the family to Priscilla Mullins and am working on expanding the tree
- Carroll Woods -
- Christopher Wright - Working mainly on John Howland and William Brewster
- Carole Taylor -my DNA test results say I am a descendant of John Alden/Priscilla Mullins- Plus I also have my Lee family back to Hancock Lee/Mary Willis..
- Douglas Ross - Alden descendant via Morton, Atherton, Tichenor, Byram line to Abigall Alden
- Elizabeth Godwin - I am descended from Willam and Mary Brewster, Stephen Hopkins and Elizabeth (Fisher) Hopkins, and Constance Hopkins; as well as Richard Warren. I can search for duplicates as well adding missing descendants in these lines.
- Cheryl Aldrich Skordahl working on Sarah Thomas
- Roland Henry Baker, III Mayflower lines: Alden, Allerton, Bradford, Brewster, Chilton, Cooke, Hopkins, Howland, Mullins, Priest, Rogers, Standish, Samson, Tilley, Warren, White, Winslow. My Mayflower application was for Stephen Hopkins. I am currently researching all the descendants of James Gardner Sampson 1768 – 1831 son of Micah, descendant of Henry Samson.
- Michael (Forman) Wright - Gathering information and evidence to verify lines family lines to Alden, Mullins, Cooke, and Mitchell.
Cheryl Wimsett: Seeking others who are related to William Brewster through the Fosdick family. Seeking DNA family ties.
- The main activity of this project is currently merging duplicate profiles of the Mayflower passengers and their immediate family members.
- When a final profile is determined for a Mayflower passenger, the following should be done:
The project box for this project is Template:Mayflower Passenger. To use it on a profile, just put the following text on the profile, above the biography:
This will display the project box, and will also put the profile in Category:Mayflower Passengers, so you don't need to include the Category line when you're including the project box.
- Cyndi's List - Mayflower, Pilgrims & The Plymouth Colony. Links to websites, mailing lists, etc., with a focus on the Mayflower and related topics.
- Caleb Johnson's list of Mayflower Passengers List of all the passengers, also includes other primary source documentation such as Bradford's History and Plymouth County Records.
- A website of the Society of Mayflower Descendants They will screen your eligibility for membership (for a fee). List of passengers who are known to have left descendants.
The Society of Mayflower Descendants is publishing a series of books called "Mayflower Families through Five Generations." These books are sold by online booksellers and online at AmericanAncestors.org.
The Great Migration Begins series, published and sold by NEHGS, contain biographies of each Mayflower Passenger and their known children. Often primary source documents are cited as references.
This page was last modified 02:56, 26 January 2016. This page has been accessed 10,027 times.