- Edmund Putnam's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Christening: 19 FEB 1604: Woughton On Grn, Buckingham, England
Death: ABT 1675 : Salem, Essex, Province of Massachusetts Bay
Removed ABT from Death Date and marked as uncertain.
Burial: ABT 1675: Salem, Essex, Province of Massachusetts Bay
On the Salem Witch Trials :
""There being Complaint this day made before us, By Edward Putnam and Henery Keney Yeoman both of Salem Village, Against Martha Cory the wife of Giles Cory of Salem farmes for suspition of haveing Comitted sundry acts of Witchcraft . . ." This quote appears with a profile on Ancestry.com. There is, however, an interesting discussion here about whether the Edward Putnam mentioned in the above passage is really the person in this profile. Probably best to see the evidence and judge for yourself (but even then, perhaps defer to the judgement of those who have a deep background on this history. --Bob S.
Ancestral File Number: 9NJT-1X
S-2084458989 Repository: #R-2142055895 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=26823520&pid=534 No REPO record found with id R-2142055895.
S1388632807 Repository: #R1350374592 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Repository R1350374592 Name: Ancestry.ca Address: http://www.Ancestry.ca Note:
S32 Repository: #REPO6 Type: Ancestral File Title: Ancestral File (TM) Author: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Publication: June 1998 (c), data as of 5 JAN 1998 Abbreviation: Church Resources - Ancestral File (TM)
- "England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:V5LK-WQS : 30 December 2014), Edmunde Putman in entry for Margery Putman, 02 Feb 1624; citing SAINT ALPHAGE,GREENWICH,KENT,ENGLAND, reference ; FHL microfilm 942.1 C4G V. 2.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Edmund's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Eugene Quigley, Beverley Scott, Bob Scrivens, Doug Coldwell, Rhonda Scoullar, and Grant Glover. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 3 Mar 2016 at 02:29 GMT Sandi Wiggins wrote:
On 12 Feb 2016 at 01:56 GMT Sandi Wiggins wrote:
Edmund is 17 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 20 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 20 degrees from Michael Phelps, 25 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 14 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.