Robert was born in 1802. He was baptised at Kirk German on the Isle of Man on 26 Jul 1802. As the first born son, he inherited the farm at Lambfell when his father died 1838. His marriage to Elizabeth Kelly in 1839 produced 19 children. He died suddenly in 1872, apparently as the result of an assault. Apparently he had a nasty tongue when he was drunk and he was beaten after leaving the pub, possibly near the gate of Lambfell Mor. He seemed to have been carried to the gate of his house where he was later found dead.
Because he died intestate, his eldest son could not inherit the farm as was the tradition - each of the other children had to sign away their entitlement to a share as they reached their majority.
No more info is currently available for Robert Quirk. Can you add to his biography?
- Mark Rogers, firsthand knowledge. Click the Changes tab for the details of edits by Mark and others.
- ↑ Entered by Mark Rogers, Jan 1, 2012
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Robin's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.