- Margaret (Reyburn) Brooks's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
She was the daughter of John and Jean Reyburn who lived most of their lives in Augusta County, Virginia. John Reyburn wrote his will on June 30, 1797, and it was proved on February 20, 1798. Among others, he named his daughter Margaret, and left something to her oldest son. In a subsequent lawsuit in 1812, the infant son’s name was given as Thomas Brooks of Madison County, Kentucky. (See this author’s work on the Reyburn family) Margaret also had a brother, Robert Reyburn, who settled in Madison County. Jonathan Brooks and his family settled in Madison County by 1796, when he appears in the tax record, 1 male, over 21, with 7 horses.
Margaret “Peggy” Reyburn, daughter of John and Jean Reyburn, was born on April 30, 1767, according to family records passed on to this writer. She married Jonathan Brooks in Botetourt County on October 20, 1789. Following her brother, they settled in Madison County, Kentucky, by 1796, for that is when they appear in the tax list. They had five children: Thomas, Jane “Jenny,” Nancy, Polly and Charlotte.
Family Records(For more, see writer’s work on the Brooks and Brocks).
- ↑ Entered by Cheryl Caudill.
Thanks to Cheryl Caudill for starting this profile. Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Cheryl and others.
Searching for someone else?
- Margaret Reyburn
- Margaret (Bird) Brooks
- Margaret (Whittenburg) Brooks
- Margaret (Clancy) Brooks
- Margaret (Thompson) Brooks
- Margaret T. (Carter) Brooks
- Minerva Margaret Brooks
- Margaret Winnie Brooks
- Margaret Marilla (Brooks) Bondurant
- Margaret (Brooks) Matthias
- Margaret Brooks
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Margaret's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.